Wowza Community

RTMP authentication from URL ?

Is exist any module , whitch can enable RTMP publish authentication from URL ? like

rtmp://user:pass@wowza_adress:1935/application ?

or the same for rtsp authentication ?

rtsp://user:pass@wowza_adress/application

You can use URL params as shown in this example.

You’d put the credentials on the end of the URL.

Add the querystring to the connection part, like this:

rtmp://wowza/application?user&pass/streamname

Richard

What are you trying to do, secure RTMP publishing? If so, take a look at the the MediasSecurity Addon’s ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

https://www.wowza.com/docs/media-security-overview

Otherwise, explain in detail what you are doing and what you are trying to prevent, exactly.

Richard

Use this:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-secure-publishing-from-an-rtmp-encoder-that-does-not-support-authentication-modulesecureurlparams

Richard

This only works with Flash RTMP client

Richard

If you are using RTSP playback you can use onRTSPStreamCreate

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-control-access-to-rtsp-rtp-streams

Richard

randall : thanx … i will test ist tomorow …

Randall : Yes … it works OK … on FMLE … Where server/application and stream_name are 2 fields … How to use it on FFMPEG , where is only one line ?

this not works :

rtmp://wowza_adress:1935/application/streamname/_definst_/doPublish=12345

I see same problem … I setup ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 by guide … It works in FMLE in two fields (rtmp://wowza/application?user&pass , and second field is streamname) … But not works in single field rtmp://wowza/application/streamname?user&pass

both not works …

ffmpeg say : [rtmp @ 0x3408a20] Server error: Connection failed: Application rejected connection.

rtmp://wowza_IP/live/definst/streamtest?user&pass: Operation not permitted

on WOWZA console I see :

INFO server comment - ModuleStreamRecord.onAppStart

INFO server comment - ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate: Authorization password file: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/connect.password

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

INFO session connect-pending IP -

INFO server comment - size: 3

ERROR server comment - ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate.onConnect: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

INFO session connect IP -

INFO session disconnect 987715802 -

INFO application app-stop definst live/definst

INFO server comment - ModuleStreamRecord.onAppStop

YES ! great … THIS ONE WORKS :slight_smile:

thanx a lot …

Note that the onConnect method runs for both Flash publishers and Clients. There are other examples in the Security section of the Tutorials to overide onPlay (for clients only) or onPublish (for publishers only).

Does ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 support onPlay and onPublish methods ? or just onConnect ? I cant see it in Tutorials … I need only onPublish … onPlay will be without authentication …

its explained in first post here … RTMP authentication from URL ?

i need publish authentication from URL … for ffmpeg …

briand123 : it works … use -f flv “rtmp://wowzaIP:1935/application?doPublish=YOUR_DEFINED_KEY/streamname”

im using it for transcoding streams … ffmpeg is really great …

Pytkin,

Sorry I mixed up “QueryString” and “URLParms”. I meant to give you a different module the first time. Here is a module that parses the URL for the QueryString, so that you can use encoders that don’t support RTMP authentication: ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2.

Note that the onConnect method runs for both Flash publishers and Clients. There are other examples in the Security section of the Tutorials to overide onPlay (for clients only) or onPublish (for publishers only).

try:

rtmp://wowza_adress:1935/application/_definst_/streamname/doPublish=12345
rtmp://wowza/application/_definst_/streamname?user&pass

secureURLParams doesn’t work with ffmpeg. I’ve tried everything I can think of to refactor the rtmp URL form to get Wowza to pick up the stream name and the ‘doPublish’ and nothing works.

Add the querystring to the connection part, like this:

rtmp://wowza/application?user&pass/streamname

Richard

This is work with module “moduleOnConnectAuthenticate2”.

If I use module moduleOnConnectAuthenticate

moduleOnConnectAuthenticate

ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate

com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate

How put link same rtmp://wowza/application?user,pass/streamname ?

Becuase some STB unknown “&”

Best Regards