Thread: Experimenting delays on different viewers of a stream.

Default Experimenting delays on different viewers of a stream.

Hi!

I'm using wowza and I have noticed that when I'm doing a live stream all the viewers are in different positions of the video I'm recording... the viewers are not viewing the SAME video...

I think this might be because of the different brandwiths of the viewers but maybe is something else... and also when the streamer stops the live recording, all the viewers video is cut at the same time even if they are not in the same position of the stream...

Any idea of what is causing this?

Thanks!

In RTMP notifications are sent to clients, messages separate from the stream. In this case it is probably "NetStream.Play.UnpublishNotify" sent at the same time to all clients, which is received very closely by each client even if they are at playing back different points of the live stream because of local buffering or network conditions that are affecting the stream.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla...atusEvent.html

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    In RTMP notifications are sent to clients, messages separate from the stream. In this case it is probably "NetStream.Play.UnpublishNotify" sent at the same time to all clients, which is received very closely by each client even if they are at playing back different points of the live stream because of local buffering or network conditions that are affecting the stream.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla...atusEvent.html

Richard
    Thanks Richard for your answer!

I'm using RTSP, it's the same problem than RTMP?

There is not those notifications in rtsp. There is rtcp channel but not sure, maybe something similar is happening

Richard

Thanks Richard!