Thread: can not play live stream recorded file in jwplayer

Default can not play live stream recorded file in jwplayer

Hi,
    i have recorded live video stream in .flv format in storage dir path like(applications/appname/meetingid/filename.flv) i have tried to play that file by using jwplayer using streamer path as rtmp://wowzaip/appname and in file as meetingid/filename but i got stream not found expection. i tried with vod/sample.mp4 it works fine but recorded file is not being played what is the issue here?

Regards,
    Malarprathap

Did you add the extension? "filename.flv"

Wowza access logs will show you exactly where it is looking for the file and what name. Compare that to where the file actually is.

Richard

I have same problem. I use 3.5.
    stream rtmp://serveraddress:1935/application
    file name application.flv
    I can see video when I broadcast. after broadcast, I cannot see video in player. I use fms . I can see video when live, and I can see the recorded video after live. I use type live-record in xml.

Thanks

That all sounds right. What is the problem?

Richard

You should be using two different Wowza applications here:

1) Your live broadcast/record app -- this should have the StreamType "live-record" in its Application.xml file

2) A VOD app to play back the file when recording is complete -- this should have the StreamType "default" in its Application.xml file, plus the StorageDir should match the StorageDir of the live recording app above (unless you are moving the file):
    			<StreamType>default</StreamType>
    			<StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>
    Wowza's default VOD app should be sufficient, assuming you are also recording to Wowza's default content directory with your live-record app.