Thread: 'moov' Atom Error

Default 'moov' Atom Error

Hello,

New install here. Trying to live stream from an IP Camera. I have done this with Wowza in the past without issue. For some reason, I am getting this error this time around:

server WARN 404 [path-to-video-file] MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing 'moov' atom.

After searching the forums, I have found a post (http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?277) that lists the error message word for word, but the description doesn't fit as I am not recording. Does anyone have experience with this error and how I might resolve it?

Here is the solution that doesn't seem to apply.

Cause: Attempt to stream a file while it is being recorded. When the stream is unpublished, Wowza Server will write the moov atom data to the end of the file. You can use the IMediaWriterActionNotify listener to listen for files to be completed. If you use the nDVR AddOn, then you can record while playing back a live stream.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

What URL are you using to access the camera stream? How is your Wowza application configured and what workflow are you following for streaming your IP camera?

Tim

Hello,

rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1935/live/camera.stream
    I am using the sample Application.xml file provided for RTSP live Streaming.
    Not sure what you mean by workflow.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tim_d View Post
    Hi,

What URL are you using to access the camera stream? How is your Wowza application configured and what workflow are you following for streaming your IP camera?

Tim

Hi,

That's an odd response for what you're doing. I would like to take a look at your configuration and log files. Please send an e-mail to support@wowza.com and include a zip of your [install-dir]/logs and /conf folders.

Tim