Wowza Community

Polycom RSS4000

How do I config a Polycom Rss4000 and the wowza streaming server so I can stream a live event?

Our software doesn’t currently support inbound streams compressed with h.263 video codec or the SIREN audio codec.

If you have any video conversion technology installed within your Polycom setup, the preferred codecs to use when sending out your streams are h.264 for video and AAC or MP3 for audio.

Our Transcoder AddOn product (separately priced) offers the ability to convert some other codecs in your live stream on the fly. A full list of all codecs and protocols is posted online here:

-Tim

How do I config a Polycom Rss4000 and the wowza streaming server so I can stream a live event?

The RS4000 does encode a MP4 H.264 video with AAC audio and has built in support for streaming to the Wowza server. I have a more detailed guide for configuring with the Wowza server if you want to email me but I keep having a problem with the audio synch that seems ahead of the video by a second or so. I tried the timecode debugging and several of the other troubleshooting options on here like the server side sort buffer but nothing seems to help. Occasionally it will work fine but after restarting the Wowza service the synch is off again. I tried a IIS live smooth streaming server and a quicktime server and the audio stays in synch with both of those but i was interested in Wowza due to the added format support. From everyting I have read on here Wowza mostly seems to refers to this problem as an encoder problem but there are no encoding configuration options on the RSS.

This may be helpful…

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/network/Technical_Advisory_Configuring_External_Servers.pdf

Hi,

check out the official RSS 4000 User Guide:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/network/rss_ug80_us_002d.pdf

On page 68 the configuration with Wowza is explained.

I can’t test it since I don’t have access to such a Polycom server but it sounds straight forward to me.

Have you already tried the latest Wowza 3.5 version?

The release notes state that some sync issues have been fixed.

Cbriant, would you forward me a copy of your configuration guide?? I’m trying to do the exact same thing, and havwe run into a copuple of ropead blocks and if I had a guide to lead me I think we could get everything working correctly for our testing.

Thanks,

Christopher

Have you already tried the latest Wowza 3.5 version?

The release notes state that some sync issues have been fixed.

Yes I am currently using the 3.5 version

Fyi… Updating the RSS4000 to the new 8.5 software resolved my audio synch issue…working perfectly now.

Sorry, I don’t believe I am able to upload or email attachments on this form and the guide is a 20 page word document. I’ll see if I can upload somewhere and I’ll post a link.

Cbriant, same here. could you forward me a copy of your configuration guide as well? I’m trying to do the same, and wouldn’t mind any help I can get.

Thank you very much in advance!