Wowza Community

Live Streaming - Issues with Artifacts & Jerkiness

Hello - We have been testing WOWZA Media Server 3 for Live Streaming for last several weeks and are faced with serious issues with the quality of LiveStreams viz. Artifacts, Jerkiness. The twist to the problem is that, we don’t find these quality issues all the time. It is random in nature, with a high frequency of recurrence and highly unpredictable.

Below is some background:

A. Cisco C60 Video Endpoint dials-into the encoder using H.264 at 1280x720p at 2.048 Kbps.

B. Cisco’s TelePresence Content Server encoder provides an H.264 stream over RTSP @ 1280x720p / 30 fps resolution. I don’t see any Frame losses at the Encoder end. Playing Unicast stream right from the encoder box works just fine.

C. Complied with WOWZA Server Hardware and Performance Fine tuning specifications.

D. The end client player is VLC and the stream is accessed via RTSP. URL: rtsp::1935/live/myStream (OR) rtsp::1935/live/myStream?multicastplay. The client player reports lots of Frame losses. A high-level debug shows the below output.

[01efb1e8] main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

[h264 @ 00d915e0] concealing 1149 DC, 1149 AC, 1140 MV errors

[h264 @ 01f05480] Too many slices, increase MAX_SLICES and recompile.

[h264 @ 01f41f00] Too many slices, increase MAX_SLICES and recompile.

The line “Too many slices” line keeps on scrolling as part of the debug output. Could this explain the jerky video problem?

E. Installed the Transcoder to transcode the input stream to eliminate if my encoder is misbehaving. But no luck with that!

Referred through the post http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre…der-quot-video finding it to be a related problem and tried almost all the options listed. Should I be narrowing down the problem as a VLC RSTP issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks