Thread: Restreaming from fms server failing

Default Restreaming from fms server failing

Trying to restream from an fms edge server but connecting to the fms stream appears to be failing.

It looks like wowza is connecting to the server fine but once it attempts to play the stream the server disconnects.

After hooking up wireshark and looking at the packet differences between a working flash player streaming and wowza restreaming, I've noticed the flash player connection rtmp properties specify an object encoding of 3 and wowza does not specify any object encoding. The result back from fms for the flash player is an object encoding of 3, and for wowza an object encoding of 0. However, the actual stream is believed to have an encoding of 3.

Is it possible to update the rtmp client connection properties to specify different object encodings(amf0 or amf3)?

The end goal is to use wowza to record fms streams from our cdn providers. Thanks for your help!

The basic tutorial for that is here:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....such-as-Akamai

Note that the origin stream must be unprotected.

There should not be any reason to change object encoding. Wowza supports amf3 as does FMIS.

Richard

We are trying to connect to an open fms edge server, and not the fms origin. The fms origin ingest is protected.

Is it possible for Wowza to consume from the edge like a client?

Not that I know of, I don't think so.

Richard

Actually, new info, it should work, it can work.

What version of FMIS?

Can you playback the stream from the edge in Wowza example player, i.e. without security? If not, then it is protected and it won't work.

If it plays in the example player, but still not working, send a RTMP url to the FMIS edge stream to support@wowza.com. Include FMIS version, and include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

4.5, It does play in the example player but still not working. I'll email the RTMP url to support now.