Thread: Multi Encoders, Multi Clients (Edit client config)

Default Multi Encoders, Multi Clients (Edit client config)

Hi all,

I am a Wowza newbie and wanna ask you guys some general questions.

Ive done with streaming from a single encoder to Wowza and viewing it from a Client machine.

Now I am gonna setup another encoder. So do I have change any config? In my idea, I am thinking that I just need to use another name for the stream in the new encoder and send it to Wowza. (I havent got the new encoder here with me so I cannot test it, have to ask b4 doing)

This case causes another issue from client site. The clients are easy to view the new stream just by using the old client file and changing the name of the stream to the new one (in the url link). But this is not a convenience process. So is there any way co change/edit the client folder to go directly to the new stream?

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Sorry Richard but this is not a duplicated thread. I got issues with different parts so I created 2 threads in 2 boxes. Pls help me to clarify them. Thank u very much

Yes, you can use another encoder to publish a stream with another name to the same application. You can have many encoders/streams per application.

You have to setup a player for each stream, usually. You could use the client-side playlist feature of some players to list different streams. Then the user can click on those. What player are you using? Take a look at JW Player

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....a-Media-Server

Richard

Sorry for mistaking as duplicate.

Richard

Many thanks, Richard