Wowza Community

How to stream MP4 files

I am new with Wowza so can u pls help me to explain this issue?.

I try copy new Mp4 file into Content folder and play it. However there is only audio played while videos are not displayed. The sample file is still running well.

So is there any problem with my config or files???

Thank you very much!

If sample.mp4 plays and your file doesn’t, it’s an encoding issue.

Open the stream in VLC and see look at Tools > Codec Info. What info is displayed for the video?

Richard

The audio is okay, but the video is not supported (mpeg4 part 2). You can use the Wowza Transcoder to transcode to h.264 (mpeg4 part 10). Try FFmpeg or Expression 4 Encoder

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-encode-video-on-demand-content

Richard

Hi,

Are you following our vod encoding guide?

Don’t follow the Silverlight path in Expression 4, it can work, but the fragemented mp4 files that produces are not the best choice (but do work)

Open the resulting file in VLC and look at Tools > Codec Info, or use FFprobe (comes with FFmpeg) to look at the audio and video track.

Make sure you are using mp4: prefix (mp4:streamName) for playback in Flash rtmp clients.

Richard

If sample.mp4 plays and your file doesn’t, it’s an encoding issue.

Open the stream in VLC and see look at Tools > Codec Info. What info is displayed for the video?

Richard

This is what Ive got. Pls have a look

Many thanks, Richard

plzzzzzzzzzzz help me :confused: i have the same problem ,but i have tried many times to transcode the video but it didn’t work,i’ve tried expression 4 and other application that recommended.could u plz show how to do that ?

mr.Richard i wish that you help me with this because i’m really upset that the movie didn’t show the video after i had waited houres and houres to download from the internet

mr.richard thanks for your reply but this what i had codec information in vlc tools

i just wish that you show me a clear way to fix it , cuz i have downloaded tens of applications to fix but i didn’t know to how to deal with that