Thread: I need help with setting up live streaming for iPhone

Default I need help with setting up live streaming for iPhone

Hi. I have just recently started using wowza, and I've been following the tutorials on how to set it up, but I need some additional help.

My setup is as follows: I use DVB Viewer to tune to certain satellite channels. Using its NetStream plugin, I stream the channel to VLC using HTTP. I then use VLC to transcode the stream to FLV (H.264 + AAC) and push this to wowza.

For now, I have most clients working except for the OSMF client. It will only output audio. When I try it on an iPhone 4 by entering the stream URL in safari, I get nothing.

From the logs, I can see a warning about baseline 3 being required for older iphones. I don't understand what this exactly means.

Also, I tried using the transcoder and transrater by setting the LiveStreamTranscoder flag to transcoder and changing the Templates, but I don't feel like it is working. I can't get ngrp:camera.stream_all to work. Do I need to set anything else?

Thanks.

I have most clients working except for the OSMF client. It will only output audio. When I try it on an iPhone 4 by entering the stream URL in safari, I get nothing.
    So, OSMF and IPhone 4 aren't working? Or are you trying to use sanjose link on IPhone 4 somehow? You said just only OSMF was not working but also list IPhone 4...?

You are using High profile. That might work in some iOS devices, but not in most I think. You'll want to have Baseline profile, level 3, or close to that. Take a look at the VLC examples here:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rver-(MPEG-TS)

To get started with Transcoding, first thing to do is do nothing to the templates. Try the transcode.xml template as-is, see how it works, playback a transcoded stream. Then make a copy and start tweaking.

Richard

OK. I ran vlc as follows: vlc -vvv "Race.Live.mp4" --sout "#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=baseline,level=3.0,nocabac},vcodec=x264,vb=150,scale=0.5,aco dec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=10000,mux=ts,name="test.sdp"}"

The stream file contains: rtp://127.0.0.1:10000/test.sdp
    I have enabled transcoding and I'm using the default template.

Wowza is not receiving anything from the stream (Ignore the first part... the stream url was incorrect):

The stream url works fine when i open it in another vlc player.

Also, I must have misread the OSMF in the tutorial. I thought it was an iPhone simulator of some sort. So, on OSMF I wasn't able to get the video (only audio). Now, the streams won't work at all with this new vlc stream.
    Last edited by sebouh00; 11-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.

sebouh00,

Did you also implement the second tutorial mentioned in the VLC guide?:
    Next, follow the instructions in the following tutorial article:

How to publish and play a live stream (MPEG-TS based encoder)

Try disabling the transcoder for now. You'll want to get the VLC stream to playback before moving on to transcoding.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    sebouh00,

Did you also implement the second tutorial mentioned in the VLC guide?:
    Next, follow the instructions in the following tutorial article:

How to publish and play a live stream (MPEG-TS based encoder)

Try disabling the transcoder for now. You'll want to get the VLC stream to playback before moving on to transcoding.
    Actually, my goal is to get this to work: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?39

I can set a rtsp stream on VLC so it is simialr to a camera.

The problem I am having now is this:

It looks like wowza cannot connect to the vlc stream? A second instance of vlc can however connect and play this same stream.

For troubleshooting I suggest just following the VLC and MPEG-TS guides exactly. Then reporting your results.

Specifically, regarding the contents of the .stream file.