Hi - We are trying to analyse a SIP Video Mail server using Wowza as a media server. I am trying to understand how RTSP will work in this scenario -
1) SIP A calls SIP B
2) B does not answer
3) SIP Proxy redirects request to Video Mail Server(VMS)
4) VMS gets the SIP INVITE and issues 2 RTSP SETUP requests (1 for playing the greeting, 1 for recording)
5) From the Media server response we get the ports on which the server will be listening.
6) These are set in the answer SDP sent back to A
7) when A send a ACK , the VMS issues the PLAY and also RECORD via RTSP to media server
My question is during step 5, when the ports are setup, let us assume Wowza sends back ports 1234(Audio) and 1236(Video) whereas the client has published ports 3456(audio) and 3458(Video)
When I issue the PLAY and RECORD to the wozwa server, PLAY of the recorded video message will be sent by Wozwa as RTP packet to ports 3456 and 3458 on the client ? and then the client can send RTP packets for recording to the server ?