Thread: Load Balancing and Modules

Question Load Balancing and Modules

Hi.

I have found the java code for limiting the count of connections to the edge servers
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....mitConnections

Do you have any java code like that for the origin server? For example, only 100 users connect to the origin server, and the other users are connected to the edge servers.

Becides, I want the speakers to be connected to the origin server always (not to be directed to the edge servers.
    Only viewers should be directed to the edge servers if limit is up.) And the file with the translation must be saved on the origin server.

Tnx.

In a live repeater system you want all clients to connect to the edge, only edges should connect to the origin. You can put an edge application on the same server as Wowza. But if it is load balanced it will be treated equally with other edges. The only way to have unequal edges is that as you show below.

Richard

As a speaker I will have to send from flash "liverepeater-origin-record" for writing the file. Then, where are the files with translation saved? For example, if one part of clients is connected to one edge server and the speaker with other part of clients are connected to the other edge server.

The "speaker" is the publisher, and has to publish to the origin. Playback clients should connect to edge servers. If you want to fill one server than another, you will have to create another kind of load balancer. The Wowza LB distributes connections evenly.

Richard