Wowza Community

Adaptive with multiple audio streams

I am trying to stream a smooth stream via wowza with multiple bitrate video and multiple audio tracks for different languages.

Can you explain or point me at some source where I will be able to find out how to make wowza generate manifests with multiple audio streams?

I’ve been able to achieve that with the ismv container and smooth streaming through IIS, but I would want to be able to easily stream HLS and HDS as well.

So far I have tried an mp4 container with a single h.264 video and 2 AAC audio streams and the smooth manifest gets generated only for one of the audio streams.

Is it possible to craft a smil file that references multiple audio files (and specifying either names or better iso language codes or both)?

Welcome,

Smooth manifests with multiple audio tracks is not supported in Wowza.

Richard

Multiple audio tracks in smooth manifest is possible in the future, but I don’t think it is any time soon

Having one audio track shared by several MediaList streams is also not supported

Richard

Any plans to support multiple tracks in the future?

Is it possible to create a smil file that references mp4 files for multiple bitrates containing just video streams and a single aac file (or mp4 with single audio stream) containing audio?

Is Multiple audio tracks in smooth manifest supported now?

Hi,

There is no Silverlight specific option to select an audio track within a smil file, though this can be done for HLS streams. Note that Silverlight has been deprecated by Microsoft and is unlikely to have any further development of features. Outside of smil definitions it’s possible within Wowza to select audio tracks via the ModuleMultiTrackVod module if the source is VOD.

Paul