Thread: fast in USA - not abroad

Default fast in USA - not abroad

so I just had a guy cancel a subscription because he said he is on a 1.5 mbps in Venezuela too slow to stream.

Also, my friend in Japan said too slow to stream.

Can stream no problem in HD from Atlanta GA. Host is in Toronto (http://www.yesuphost.com/about-us/)

2. Default

That's not really a Wowza problem, that's a networking problem. It's pretty likely that there are a lot of hops between the server and the endpoint, which will tend to slow things down and introduce additional points for packet loss.

What backbones does your provider use, and what peering interconnects do they have in place? Have you asked your friend in japan to run a traceroute back to the server to see how many hops and networks are between him/her and the server?

What backbones does your provider use, and what peering interconnects do they have in place?

---> i will ask

Have you asked your friend in japan to run a traceroute back to the server to see how many hops and networks are between him/her and the server?

----->

Just to clarify, I can stream HD version of clip and he cant even stream the SD version without constant buffering
    Last edited by bobmane; 11-15-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Hi
    The service provider you're using doesn't seem to have sufficient connectivity to these parts of the world.
    Looking at the screen shot provided you get peaks 452 ms which is far to high for consistent streaming it should be in the 150 ms range at a big push.

The latency should be around the same level (consistent) rather than being up and down as you can see that yours is here.

Jason

how to get better? switch host only solution?

You need a CDN. Take a look at Akamai or Limelight, Edgecast, etc.

Richard

CDN works in conjunction with dedi server or replace? do you have articles about it?

We don't have any general articles about using a CDN. We have a couple of specific articles; you can find 3 here (search the page for "CDN"):

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....f-All-Articles

Richard

if i change from dedicated server with wowza to wowza aws subsctioption will aws be any better for global reach than CDN with Push Publishing addon?
    Last edited by bobmane; 11-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.