Thread: Reset HLS and RTSP streams separately.

Default Reset HLS and RTSP streams separately.

Hi,
    I use media caster system for re-streaming as liverepeater for RTSP playback along with cupertino livestreampacketizer for HLS. I am facing a weird issue wherein RTSP playback works initially, but after some time RTSP stream fails to play, even though HLS works, and vice versa.

Is there a way to reset RTSP stream or HLS stream separately ? Also how does forceReset of mediaCaster stream work ?
    I found this link http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....onitorAdvanced , will this help reset unhealthy streams in my case ?

Thanks,
    Manohar.

Manohar,

What are you doing exactly, end to end? How is liverepeater and MediaCaster involved? What is the source?

MediaCaster is for starting source streams, usually an IP camera or mpegts encoder, or liverepeater origin stream started on an edge. MediaCaster is not involved in outgoing streams to rtsp clients.

If there is some instability in the MediaCaster source the monitor might help. It just works with rtp input, I don't think it monitors liverepeater streams that are started with MediaCaster

Richard

I am using rtmp stream restreaming rtmp(source stream) using mediacaster with stream type as liverepeater. Below is my Application xml for streams and RTP.

<Streams>
    <StreamType>liverepeater-edge</StreamType>
    <StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>
    <KeyDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys</KeyDir>
    <!-- LiveStreamPacketizers (separate with commas): cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, cupertinostreamingrepeater, smoothstreamingrepeater -->
    <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer</LiveStreamPacketizers>
    <!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/Streams.xml for any streams types loaded by this application -->
    <Properties>
    </Properties>
    </Streams>
    <!-- HTTPStreamers (separate with commas): cupertinostreaming, smoothstreaming -->
    <HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming</HTTPStreamers>

<RTP>
    <!-- RTP/Authentication/[type]Methods defined in Authentication.xml. Default setup includes; none, basic, digest -->
    <Authentication>
    <PublishMethod>none</PublishMethod>
    <PlayMethod>none</PlayMethod>
    </Authentication>
    <!-- RTP/AVSyncMethod. Valid values are: senderreport, systemclock, rtptimecode -->
    <AVSyncMethod>senderreport</AVSyncMethod>
    <MaxRTCPWaitTime>12000</MaxRTCPWaitTime>
    <IdleFrequency>75</IdleFrequency>
    <RTSPSessionTimeout>90000</RTSPSessionTimeout>
    <RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>0</RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>
    <RTSPBindIpAddress></RTSPBindIpAddress>
    <RTSPConnectionIpAddress>0.0.0.0</RTSPConnectionIpAddress>
    <RTSPOriginIpAddress>127.0.0.1</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
    <IncomingDatagramPortRanges>*</IncomingDatagramPortRanges>
    <!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/RTP.xml for any depacketizers loaded by this application -->
    <Properties>
    </Properties>
    </RTP>

I am able to play RTSP and HLS with this config. But i wanted to know how to reset those streams.

Thanks,
    Manohar.

Assuming you have started the stream on the edge with StreamManager or StartUpStreams.xml with MediaCaster type "liverepeater", then you can use StreamManager to reset the stream, or the MediaCaster API

Richard