Thread: new install not sure what next

Default new install not sure what next

not sure which forum i should post this.

I have installed Java and wowza, updated the firewall so I now see:
    Wowza Media Server 3 Trial Edition (Expires: Dec 17, 2012) 3.5.0 build2989

I am running on centos 5, and it is now unclear as to what I do next. if I had windows I see about clicking on some files, but I am running on a remote server.

I thought if I tried myip:1935 or even port 8086 I might see something, but nothing is shown on the http administration

have tried to check the forum and documentation , but unsure what next.

the "A quick streaming test" appears to be for windows, but is there a corresponding linux test ?

thanks for any help

Brian
    Last edited by duncanbbd; 11-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Brian,

The best thing to do is install Wowza locally (use developer license) so you have the /examples folder on your machine. Then you can open players and change "localhost" to the IP address of the remote server that Wowza is running on. And it is easier to just run it locally at first

Richard

Richard,
    thanks.
    I have a local server but again i don't have any GUI on it. it basically is a server so not sure it will help.
    I'll have a look into it though.
    Brian

Hello,
    We have developed a GUI for Wowza Media Server and have a post in the Showcase section found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...and-statistics

If you need anymore information about Control-Z Tool please feel free to contact us via the contact page on our website.
    https://www.bonzaware.com/contact/

Regards
    BonzaWare Staff

Ok, have it working ! )

I didn't have to do much, just knwo what the settings were. the install.sh file did put the required files in correct place so it is looking good.

I'll need to fathom out a few things. e.g. I want to stream live, it seems to keep replaying the recent recording from the start, as well as only playing for 1 minute.

I have A dual-core PC running Centos 5, with 4GB Ram. I am hoping it will be enough tto stream 50 viewers.
    can you give any indication of the capacity ?

thanks Brian

The installation provides an application named 'vod' set up for video on demand streaming. Take a look at the Tutorials section and follow one of the live tutorials. To determine if you have enough bandwidth, you can use this formula as a guide. Your server bandwidth needs to exceed 50 concurrent connections x the stream bitrate.

-Lisa