Wowza Community

Push Publish Example - wowza wowza

I have been trying to push publish working to livestream.com. I thought I had this working on an earlier version.

I was wondering if someone could post something that explains how to push publish to another wowza application. Just as a test case to make sure everything is working except the connection to cdn.

I am getting no errors so it’s hard to figure out what is going on.

I think I got it setup to push from one app to another but have been unable to open the pushed stream and view it. So not sure if this is an issue with my source stream or dest. I think it’s the destination one.

As I can view the source streams fine.

Currently the stream i open to watch the pushed stream is rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935 but I have a feeling this isn’t right to watch the pushed stream.

Once I get that working I will feel more confident working on the cdn push.

Thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy,

The most basic example will push to another Wowza server. You have to include the application name when you playback:

rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/[application-name]

Richard

Jeremy,

Yes, if you are specifying a different application instance you have to use that for playback as well.

Richard

If “source” and “dest” are really identical, that is probably the problem. The “dest” application should have StreamType “live”, but no push module. If it is configured with the push module you might have problems when you push to it if the pushed stream is being pushed again back to the same app.

Richard

Yes, they should both be live. Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode on both sides so you can see log output in the consoles, or console if you are doing this from app to app on one server

Richard

Thanks, I thought I was missing something. That is the application name of the playback app correct, and that goes in my playback stream file right?

If it is being pushed to a different application instance other than definst how does that fit in?

rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/[application-name]/[instance-name]?

Jeremy

I decided to start over. Maybe you can point out what I might be doing wrong.

I reinstalled wowza 3.5 clean again.

Source and Pushing Application

I created an application called source following this https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

I added axis.stream containing the line to content

rtsp://user:pass@192.168.0.139/axis-media/media.amp?streamprofile=quality

I added rosewill.stream containing the line to content

rtsp://192.168.0.161:554/h264/1/media.amp?resolution=vga

I use stream manager to start the streams as RTP, I am able to watch the streams using “Wowza Media Server 3.5.0\examples\LiveVideoStreaming\FlashRTMPPlayer” and entering rtmp://localhost/source and axis.stream, rosewill.stream

I create a new project using the wowza IDE and use the pushpublish example. ModulePushPublishSimpleExample.java

I changed

String dstApplication = appInstance.getApplication().getName();

to

String dstApplication = "dest";

Destination Application / PushPublish receiver test

I now create a second application following the same directions__(??)__ but called dest.

I created a new source.stream file with the following line

rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/dest

I start the server from the IDE in debug mode. I confirm that the onPublish gets called when publishing one of the streams.

I use stream manager again to start source.stream now on the dest application.

I try and watch using the same method “Wowza Media Server 3.5.0\examples\LiveVideoStreaming\FlashRTMPPlayer” and use rtmp://localhost/dest and source.stream

But it says it cant find the stream. “Failed to play source.stream; stream not found.”

I included the log below. I don’t see any errors.

Anything you can see that I am doing wrong? What about JRE7? Should i be running x64 java?

Thanks

Jeremy

Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/conf/log4j.properties
INFO server server-start Wowza Media Server 3 Trial Edition (Expires: Dec 15, 2012) 3.5.0 build2989 -
INFO server comment - Server License Key: SVRT3-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-MeeD4
INFO server comment - Maximum Connections: Unlimited
INFO server comment - Transcoder Streams Available: Transcoder Not Available (win-32)
INFO server comment - nDVR Available: Yes
INFO server comment - DRM Available: Yes
INFO server comment - Hardware Available Processors: 8
INFO server comment - Hardware Physical Memory: 4095MB/4095MB
INFO server comment - Hardware Swap Space: 4095MB/4095MB
INFO server comment - Max File Descriptor Count: Unlimited
INFO server comment - OS Name: Windows 7
INFO server comment - OS Version: 6.1
INFO server comment - OS Architecture: x86
INFO server comment - OS CPU: pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86
INFO server comment - Java Name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
INFO server comment - Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO server comment - Java Version: 1.7.0_09
INFO server comment - Java VM Version: 23.5-b02
INFO server comment - Java Spec Version: 1.7
INFO server comment - Java Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
INFO server comment - Java Max Heap Size: 742MB
INFO server comment - Java Architecture: 32
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.language]: en
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.country]: US
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.variant]: 
INFO server comment - Java Locale[file.encoding]: Cp1252
INFO server comment - Java Timezone[user.timezone]: America/New_York
INFO server comment - Java Args[0]: -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:59442
INFO server comment - Java Args[1]: -Xmx768M
INFO server comment - Java Args[2]: -Dcom.wowza.wms.AppHome=C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO server comment - Java Args[3]: -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigHome=C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO server comment - Java Args[4]: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true
INFO server comment - Java Args[5]: -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252
INFO server comment - Server native.platform: win
INFO server comment - Server threads[h/t]: 10/10
INFO server comment - CMDInterface now listening: [any]:8083
INFO vhost vhost-start _defaultVHost_ -
INFO server comment - _defaultVHost_ threads[h/t]:120/80 home:C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind attempt ([any]:1935:4)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind successful ([any]:1935)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind attempt ([any]:8086:1)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind successful ([any]:8086)
INFO server comment - Server.startShutdownHook: Start server shutdown hook
INFO server comment - Wowza Media Server is started!
INFO application app-start _definst_ source/_definst_
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[10621315]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[10621315]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[10621315:source/_definst_:axis.stream]: start: 1
INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [source/_definst_]: flv:axis.stream
INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://192.168.0.139/axis-media/media.amp?streamprofile=quality]: 1
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPData: sessionId:19D1C987 sessionTimeout:60000
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[source/_definst_]: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Success, received SDP data.
INFO stream create - -
INFO stream publish axis.stream -
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.connect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: Wowza Push Publishing AddOn 3.5.0 build2834
INFO server comment - PushPublisher#IdleHandler.create[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.addSession[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: {[0]: 20591948 }
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.sessionOpened[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: 
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[10621315:source/_definst_:axis.stream]: done: 1
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.callConnect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_]: dest/_definst_
{Obj[]: app: "dest/_definst_", flashVer: "WIN 10,0,12,36", swfUrl: "WowzaProLiveRepeater", tcUrl: "rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_", fpad: false, audioCodecs: 3191.0, videoCodecs: 252.0, pageUrl: "", sendChunkSize: 4096.0}
INFO application app-start _definst_ dest/_definst_
INFO session connect-pending 127.0.0.1 -
INFO session connect 127.0.0.1 -
INFO server comment - PushPublisher#ConnectResult.connect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: result: NetConnection.Connect.Success description:Connection succeeded. Message:
INFO server comment - firstPacket: TCP:$0
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: playlistChunkCount:4
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: sanjosestreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - SanJosePacketHandler.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Video codec: H264
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: audioGroupCount: 3
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: playlistChunkCount:3
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: cupertinostreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Video codec:H264 isCompatible:true
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream][avc1.66.41]: H.264 (Video may not be playable on older iPhone and iPod touch devices where Baseline/Level 3.0 or lower is required) Video info: {H264CodecConfigInfo: codec:H264, profile:Baseline, level:4.1, frameSize:1280x720, displaySize:1280x720, PAR:1:1}
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: smoothstreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - firstPacket: TCP:$1
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Fragment durations: [1.1,1.0,1.0]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.flushPendingVideo: Bitrate[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: 2590585
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:0 count:32 duration:1110
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:1 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:2 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:3 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:4 count:32 duration:1076
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 a/v/k:0/129/4 duration:4374
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/128/4 duration:4374
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:5 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:6 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:7 count:32 duration:1076
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:8 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:9 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:2 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/287/8 duration:3634
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:10 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:2 a/v/k:0/288/8 duration:3634
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[7147940]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[7147940]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[7147940:dest/_definst_:source.stream]: start: 1
INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [dest/_definst_]: flv:source.stream
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[dest/_definst_]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/dest
WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/dest
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 a/v/k:0/290/9 duration:15713
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:15713
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:4 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9691
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:4 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9691
INFO session connect-pending 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 -
INFO session connect 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 -
INFO stream create - -
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/320/10 duration:10767
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 a/v/k:0/321/10 duration:10767
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9691
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9691
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/320/10 duration:10767
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 a/v/k:0/321/10 duration:10767
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:9 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:9 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[31249787]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[31249787]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[31249787:dest/_definst_:source2.stream]: start: 1
INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [dest/_definst_]: flv:source2.stream
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[dest/_definst_]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/source
WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/source
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:10 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:10 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9690
INFO stream destroy source.stream -
INFO session disconnect 1764788780 -

Here is the log after trying jre7 x64. No apparent differences.

I included my application.xml as well. It the same for both apps.

Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/conf/log4j.properties
INFO server server-start Wowza Media Server 3 Trial Edition (Expires: Dec 15, 2012) 3.5.0 build2989 -
INFO server comment - Server License Key: SVRT3-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-MeeD4
INFO server comment - Maximum Connections: Unlimited
INFO server comment - Transcoder Streams Available: Unlimited
INFO server comment - Transcoder Watermark: Yes
INFO server comment - nDVR Available: Yes
INFO server comment - DRM Available: Yes
INFO server comment - Hardware Available Processors: 8
INFO server comment - Hardware Physical Memory: 9632MB/16363MB
INFO server comment - Hardware Swap Space: 24832MB/32724MB
INFO server comment - Max File Descriptor Count: Unlimited
INFO server comment - OS Name: Windows 7
INFO server comment - OS Version: 6.1
INFO server comment - OS Architecture: amd64
INFO server comment - OS CPU: amd64
INFO server comment - Java Name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
INFO server comment - Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO server comment - Java Version: 1.7.0_09
INFO server comment - Java VM Version: 23.5-b02
INFO server comment - Java Spec Version: 1.7
INFO server comment - Java Home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
INFO server comment - Java Max Heap Size: 682MB
INFO server comment - Java Architecture: 64
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.language]: en
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.country]: US
INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.variant]: 
INFO server comment - Java Locale[file.encoding]: Cp1252
INFO server comment - Java Timezone[user.timezone]: America/New_York
INFO server comment - Java Args[0]: -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:59710
INFO server comment - Java Args[1]: -Xmx768M
INFO server comment - Java Args[2]: -Dcom.wowza.wms.AppHome=C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO server comment - Java Args[3]: -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigHome=C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO server comment - Java Args[4]: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true
INFO server comment - Java Args[5]: -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252
INFO server comment - Server native.platform: win
INFO server comment - Server threads[h/t]: 10/10
INFO server comment - CMDInterface now listening: [any]:8083
INFO vhost vhost-start _defaultVHost_ -
INFO server comment - _defaultVHost_ threads[h/t]:120/80 home:C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind attempt ([any]:1935:4)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind successful ([any]:1935)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind attempt ([any]:8086:1)
INFO vhost comment _defaultVHost_ Bind successful ([any]:8086)
INFO server comment - Server.startShutdownHook: Start server shutdown hook
INFO server comment - Wowza Media Server is started!
INFO application app-start _definst_ source/_definst_
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[896772259]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[896772259]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[896772259:source/_definst_:axis.stream]: start: 1
INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [source/_definst_]: flv:axis.stream
INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://192.168.0.139/axis-media/media.amp?streamprofile=quality]: 1
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPData: sessionId:8AAB8010 sessionTimeout:60000
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[source/_definst_]: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Success, received SDP data.
INFO stream create - -
INFO stream publish axis.stream -
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.connect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: Wowza Push Publishing AddOn 3.5.0 build2834
INFO server comment - PushPublisher#IdleHandler.create[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.addSession[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: {[0]: 649493976 }
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.sessionOpened[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: 
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[896772259:source/_definst_:axis.stream]: done: 1
INFO server comment - PushPublisher.callConnect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_]: dest/_definst_
{Obj[]: app: "dest/_definst_", flashVer: "WIN 10,0,12,36", swfUrl: "WowzaProLiveRepeater", tcUrl: "rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_", fpad: false, audioCodecs: 3191.0, videoCodecs: 252.0, pageUrl: "", sendChunkSize: 4096.0}
INFO application app-start _definst_ dest/_definst_
INFO session connect-pending 127.0.0.1 -
INFO session connect 127.0.0.1 -
INFO server comment - PushPublisher#ConnectResult.connect[rtmp://localhost:1935/dest/_definst_/push-axis.stream]: result: NetConnection.Connect.Success description:Connection succeeded. Message:
INFO server comment - firstPacket: TCP:$0
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: playlistChunkCount:4
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: sanjosestreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - SanJosePacketHandler.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Video codec: H264
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: audioGroupCount: 3
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: playlistChunkCount:3
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: cupertinostreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Video codec:H264 isCompatible:true
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream][avc1.66.41]: H.264 (Video may not be playable on older iPhone and iPod touch devices where Baseline/Level 3.0 or lower is required) Video info: {H264CodecConfigInfo: codec:H264, profile:Baseline, level:4.1, frameSize:1280x720, displaySize:1280x720, PAR:1:1}
INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: smoothstreamingpacketizer:axis.stream
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.startStream[source/_definst_/axis.stream]
INFO server comment - firstPacket: TCP:$1
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Fragment durations: [1.1,1.0,1.0]
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.flushPendingVideo: Bitrate[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: 2600742
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:0 count:32 duration:1111
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:1 count:32 duration:1076
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:2 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:3 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:4 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 a/v/k:0/161/5 duration:5451
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/160/5 duration:5451
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:5 count:32 duration:1076
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:6 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:7 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:8 count:32 duration:1076
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:9 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.addFragment[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: type:video id:10 count:32 duration:1077
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:2 a/v/k:0/288/8 duration:2557
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:2 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/287/8 duration:2557
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/321/10 duration:17867
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 a/v/k:0/322/10 duration:17867
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[648938191]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[648938191]
INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[648938191:dest/_definst_:source.stream]: start: 1
INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [dest/_definst_]: flv:source.stream
INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[dest/_definst_]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/dest
WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/content/rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935/dest
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:4 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:4 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9691
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9691
INFO stream create - -
INFO stream destroy source2.stream -
INFO session disconnect 981055213 -
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:0/321/10 duration:10767
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/320/10 duration:10767
INFO stream create - -
INFO stream destroy source.stream -
INFO session disconnect 2011032731 -
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9690
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9690
INFO stream create - -
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 a/v/k:0/289/9 duration:9691
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[source/_definst_/axis.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/288/9 duration:9691
<Root>
	<Application>
		<!-- Uncomment to set application level timeout values
		<ApplicationTimeout>60000</ApplicationTimeout>
		<PingTimeout>12000</PingTimeout>
		<ValidationFrequency>8000</ValidationFrequency>
		<MaximumPendingWriteBytes>0</MaximumPendingWriteBytes>
		<MaximumSetBufferTime>60000</MaximumSetBufferTime>
		<MaximumStorageDirDepth>25</MaximumStorageDirDepth>
		-->
		<Connections>
			<AutoAccept>true</AutoAccept>
			<AllowDomains></AllowDomains>
		</Connections>
		<!--
			StorageDir path variables

${com.wowza.wms.AppHome} - Application home directory
			${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome} - Configuration home directory
			${com.wowza.wms.context.VHost} - Virtual host name
			${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome} - Virtual host config directory
			${com.wowza.wms.context.Application} - Application name
			${com.wowza.wms.context.ApplicationInstance} - Application instance name

-->
		<Streams>
			<StreamType>live</StreamType>
			<StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>
			<KeyDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys</KeyDir>
			<!-- LiveStreamPacketizers (separate with commas): cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer, cupertinostreamingrepeater, smoothstreamingrepeater, sanjosestreamingrepeater, dvrstreamingpacketizer, dvrstreamingrepeater -->
			<LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer</LiveStreamPacketizers>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/Streams.xml for any streams types loaded by this application -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</Streams>
		<Transcoder>
			<!-- To turn on transcoder set to: transcoder -->
			<LiveStreamTranscoder></LiveStreamTranscoder>
			<!-- [templatename].xml or ${SourceStreamName}.xml -->
			<Templates>${SourceStreamName}.xml,transrate.xml</Templates>
			<ProfileDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/profiles</ProfileDir>
			<TemplateDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/templates</TemplateDir>
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</Transcoder>
		<DVR>
			<!-- As a single server or as an origin, use dvrstreamingpacketizer in LiveStreamPacketizers above -->
			<!-- Or, in an origin-edge configuration, edges use dvrstreamingrepeater in LiveStreamPacketizers above -->
			<!-- As an origin, also add dvrchunkstreaming to HTTPStreamers below -->
			<!-- To turn on DVR recording set Recorders to dvrrecorder.  This works with dvrstreamingpacketizer  -->
			<Recorders></Recorders>
			<!-- As a single server or as an origin, set the Store to dvrfilestorage-->
			<!-- edges should have this empty -->
			<Store></Store>
			<!--  Window Duration is length of live DVR window in seconds.  0 means the window is never trimmed. -->
			<WindowDuration>0</WindowDuration>
			<!-- Storage Directory is top level location where dvr is stored.  e.g. c:/temp/dvr -->
			<StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/dvr</StorageDir>
			<!-- valid ArchiveStrategy values are append, version, delete -->
			<ArchiveStrategy>append</ArchiveStrategy>
			<!-- If this is a dvrstreamingrepeater, -->
			<!-- either define the general Application/Repeater/OriginURL below to point back to the origin -->
			<!-- or define this one (which affects only DVR origin-edge).  e.g. http://localhost/dvrorigin -->
			<Repeater>
				<ChunkOriginURL></ChunkOriginURL>
			</Repeater>
			<!-- Properties for DVR -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</DVR>
		<TimedText>
			<!-- VOD caption providers (separate with commas): vodcaptionproviderttml, vodcaptionprovidermp4_3gpp -->
			<VODTimedTextProviders>vodcaptionprovidermp4_3gpp</VODTimedTextProviders>

<!-- Properties for TimedText -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>		
		</TimedText>

<!-- HTTPStreamers (separate with commas): cupertinostreaming, smoothstreaming, sanjosestreaming, dvrchunkstreaming -->
		<HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming</HTTPStreamers>
		<SharedObjects>
			<StorageDir></StorageDir>
		</SharedObjects>
		<Client>
			<IdleFrequency>-1</IdleFrequency>
			<Access>
				<StreamReadAccess>*</StreamReadAccess>
				<StreamWriteAccess>*</StreamWriteAccess>
				<StreamAudioSampleAccess></StreamAudioSampleAccess>
				<StreamVideoSampleAccess></StreamVideoSampleAccess>
				<SharedObjectReadAccess>*</SharedObjectReadAccess>
				<SharedObjectWriteAccess>*</SharedObjectWriteAccess>
			</Access>
		</Client>
		<RTP>
			<!-- RTP/Authentication/[type]Methods defined in Authentication.xml. Default setup includes; none, basic, digest -->
			<Authentication>
				<PublishMethod>digest</PublishMethod>
				<PlayMethod>none</PlayMethod>
			</Authentication>
			<!-- RTP/AVSyncMethod. Valid values are: senderreport, systemclock, rtptimecode -->
			<AVSyncMethod>senderreport</AVSyncMethod>
			<MaxRTCPWaitTime>12000</MaxRTCPWaitTime>
			<IdleFrequency>75</IdleFrequency>
			<RTSPSessionTimeout>90000</RTSPSessionTimeout>
			<RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>0</RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>
			<RTSPBindIpAddress></RTSPBindIpAddress>
			<RTSPConnectionIpAddress>0.0.0.0</RTSPConnectionIpAddress>
			<RTSPOriginIpAddress>127.0.0.1</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
			<IncomingDatagramPortRanges>*</IncomingDatagramPortRanges>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/RTP.xml for any depacketizers loaded by this application -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</RTP>
		<MediaCaster>
			<RTP>
				<RTSP>
					<!-- udp, interleave -->
					<RTPTransportMode>interleave</RTPTransportMode>
				</RTSP>
			</RTP>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/MediaCasters.xml for any MediaCasters loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</MediaCaster>
		<MediaReader>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/MediaReaders.xml for any MediaReaders loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</MediaReader>
		<MediaWriter>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/MediaWriter.xml for any MediaWriter loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</MediaWriter>
		<LiveStreamPacketizer>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/LiveStreamPacketizers.xml for any LiveStreamPacketizers loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</LiveStreamPacketizer>
		<HTTPStreamer>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/HTTPStreamers.xml for any HTTPStreamer loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			</Properties>
		</HTTPStreamer>
		<Repeater>
			<OriginURL></OriginURL>
			<QueryString><![CDATA[]]></QueryString>
		</Repeater> 
		<Modules>
			<Module>
				<Name>base</Name>
				<Description>Base</Description>
				<Class>com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore</Class>
			</Module>
			<Module>
				<Name>properties</Name>
				<Description>Properties</Description>
				<Class>com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleProperties</Class>
			</Module>
			<Module>
				<Name>logging</Name>
				<Description>Client Logging</Description>
				<Class>com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging</Class>
			</Module>
			<Module>
				<Name>flvplayback</Name>
				<Description>FLVPlayback</Description>
				<Class>com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback</Class>
			</Module> 
			<Module>
				<Name>ModulePushPublishSimpleExample</Name>
				<Description>ModulePushPublishSimpleExample</Description>
				<Class>com.testing.ModulePushPublishSimpleExample</Class>
			</Module> 		</Modules>
		<!-- Properties defined here will be added to the IApplication.getProperties() and IApplicationInstance.getProperties() collections -->
		<Properties>
		</Properties>
	</Application>
</Root>

If “source” and “dest” are really identical, that is probably the problem. The “dest” application should have StreamType “live”, but no push module. If it is configured with the push module you might have problems when you push to it if the pushed stream is being pushed again back to the same app.

Richard

Yah, there weren’t 100% the same. They are except for the publishing module.

From what i described though is that the correct setup?

Should both apps be type live?