Thread: Wowza Media Server 2 AMI - are they available anywhere?

Default Wowza Media Server 2 AMI - are they available anywhere?

Hi,

I have been using the Media Server 3 for some time, but I have one event that I really need to use Wowza 2. Are the AMI's anywhere on the web anymore?

I need to use cacti - that's the reason.

Thanks!

Jason

Previous versions

Wowza Media Server 2.2.4
    AMI ID Location Region Architecture Instance Size
    ami-5a649833 US East (Virginia) us-east-1 32-bit m1.small, c1.medium
    ami-5c649835 US East (Virginia) us-east-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge
    ami-5d673418 US West (N. California) us-west-1 32-bit m1.small, c1.medium
    ami-5f67341a US West (N. California) us-west-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge
    ami-3bab9c4f EU West (Ireland) eu-west-1 32-bit m1.small, c1.medium
    ami-25ab9c51 EU West (Ireland) eu-west-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge
    ami-506f1602 Asia Pacific (Singapore) ap-southeast-1 32-bit m1.small, c1.medium
    ami-566f1604 Asia Pacific (Singapore) ap-southeast-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge
    ami-b8a60cb9 Asia Pacific (Tokyo) ap-northeast-1 32-bit m1.small, c1.medium
    ami-baa60cbb Asia Pacific (Tokyo) ap-northeast-1 64-bit m1.small, c1.medium, m1.large, m1.xlarge, m2.xlarge, m2.2xlarge, m2.4xlarge, c1.xlarge

Thanks Charlie! I looked, but obviously not well enough...

I understand that Wowza wants to move forward with version 3.x... but Wowza 2.x (using Amazon AMI) works perfectly for my needs. It's unfortunate that references to Wowza 2.x are slowly going away. The 2.x forum articles were 'hidden' some time ago (no long appear on the main list of forum topics) and I, too, searched all over the place this morning for the Wowza 2.x AMI list and couldn't find it (if it's out there, it's not easily found, that's for sure).

Again, I understand that Wowza wants to move forward -- and continuing to support legacy products can add a lot to support costs, but I still think the forums and other information should be accessible (easily found) somewhere.

Thanks for posting this chart, Charlie -- I've copied it to my hard drive. Can you tell me if Wowza has any plans of ever removing those 2.2.4 AMIs from Amazon EC2? or will they continue to be available for a long, long time?

We do not have plans at this time to delete the Wowza Media Server 2.x AMIs at this time.

Charlie

Good to hear! Thanks for the speedy reply... and have a great end-of-year!!