Thread: Server side broadcast playlist for flash players, HTML5, Apple and Android devices.

Default Server side broadcast playlist for flash players, HTML5, Apple and Android devices.

Is it possible to create a server side playlist, that plays through a sequence of videos defined in a smile file, where the server side playlist is a broadcast, and all clients that connect see the same thing at the same time.
    I would like this to work for flash players, HTML5, Apple and Android devices.

What needs to be done?

The problem I faced is when using the example /VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html

I created a playlist at /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/playlist.sml containing the following:

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <switch>
    <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" />
    <video src="mp4:movie1.mov"/>
    <video src="mp4:movie2.mov"/>
    </switch>
    </body>
    </smil>

In player.html i specified the following:

Server: rtmp://myhost.com/vod
    Stream: smillaylist.sml

When I press connect, in the server log i get the following errors from the server until i disconnect the client:

INFO stream create - -
    ERROR server comment - MediaReaderFactory.getInstance: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wowza.wms.mediareader.smil.MediaListReaderSMIL cannot be cast to com.wowza.wms.stream.IMediaReader
    ERROR server comment - MediaReaderFactory.getInstance: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wowza.wms.mediareader.smil.MediaListReaderSMIL cannot be cast to com.wowza.wms.stream.IMediaReader
    INFO stream destroy playlist.sml -
    INFO session disconnect 2002349162 -

The reason I am asking this question is because around the forums there are all sorts of examples some say client scripting is required, some seem very out of date and some functionality is not available. It is not clear what version of Wowza these comments apply to and there are examples of ways to do similar things with server side modules, but its not clear how to implement these server side modules?

I am new to Wowza so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Hi
    You can create a playlist for your vod content that plays the files as a live stream using the stream scheduler found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....cation-module)

Jason