Wowza Community

Module class not found or could not be loaded warning in wowza 3.1.2?

Hi,

I have the following error in wowza(3.1.2) log always when i try to publish my live stream:

loadModFunctions[avchat/definst]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/avchat/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:avchat class:com.wowza.wms.example.module.AVChat

I restart wowza after adding jar. Eventhough this warning comes during publishing my stream.

What would be the solution? Please anybody reply me.

Did you put the .jar file in the current Wowza /lib folder?

Richard

That leading space will cause a problem. Trim that:

<Class>com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnCon nectAuthenticate2</Class> 

Richard

Try removing ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2.jar, then re-start Wowza. That Class is in the collection jar.

Richard

Be sure to re-start Wowza after removing

Richard

Is the IDE writing to an old Wowza location /lib folder?

Also, you don’t need to build this one in the IDE, it is included in the pre-built module collection

https://www.wowza.com/docs/utility-modules-for-wowza-streaming-engine-media-server-software

Richard

If you have upgraded Wowza and its install directory has changed, you can delete the Wowza project but don’t check the box to permanently delete files, then re-create the project with same name. Then the IDE will be point to the new location

Richard

Thanks for the tip,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Yes, It solved after correcting the module class path to com.lakesidetechnical.AVChat

Eventhough this type of error comes for my other application ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2. I put two jar files including ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2.jar and wms-plugin-collection.jar and my module is:

ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

I also restart wowza after putting these jars…Please reply me what i did wrong…

But It is the mistake only when i edit it in forum…My module actually didn’t have that space. What would be the problem?

Plz help on this

Thank you Richard,

But Its not only for that module, the same error came for another module also. I don’t know what i did wrong.I builded and exported the jar file from wowza 3.1.2.

After putting jar file in lib folder i restarted wowza. Still Same error remains. Is anything wrong with jar file, the way i builded or exported from wowza ide ?

Please kindly help me. If you need more details kindly let me know. I want to solve this immediately.

Thank you.

Is the IDE writing to an old Wowza location /lib folder?

Also, you don’t need to build this one in the IDE, it is included in the pre-built module collection

https://www.wowza.com/docs/utility-modules-for-wowza-streaming-engine-media-server-software

Richard

Thank you Richard,

(WowzaIDE 2) writing jar file to my new wowza 3.1.2 lib folder. As you said i don’t need to build ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 in IDE, Since its included in module collection jar. So I can solve this problem only for ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2. But I want to build many other modules in IDE, which are not included in module-collection jar…The Problem comes for another modules also… Will uninstallation and install it again solve this problem?

Thanks Richard,

Yes, It solved after correcting the module class path to com.lakesidetechnical.AVChat

Eventhough this type of error comes for my other application ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2. I put two jar files including ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2.jar and wms-plugin-collection.jar and my module is:

com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

I also restart wowza after putting these jars…Please reply me what i did wrong…

FYI,

I had a same issue.

When I tested the module on my windows test server, it was ok, but when I tested in linux test server, “Module class not found…” error occurs.

In my case, the problem was not for Wowza server, it was the problem of ftp which I used to transfer module file to the linux test server.

I didn’t recognize that the default mode of ftp client in linux is ascii. With ascii mode, .jar file could not be transferred properly in my case.

After changing to the binary mode, I could not see the errors.

I hope this will help someone.

Take care

Regards

Thanks man! you saved my life! binary transfer mode was the solution for me!