Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming Live from the pre-recorded videos using Wowza media server

Question Streaming Live from the pre-recorded videos using Wowza media server

I have a web application in which i want the users to see the pre-recorded video in synchronisation as it is a live stream.

So please tell me that how can i convert the pre-recorded videos into the live feed and send it as a live feed by using a code not by the s/w Wirecast.

Take a look at this scheduler example:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rver-listener)

Richard

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Take a look at this scheduler example:

Richard

can you please tell me that how can i use the code given there..and i don't see any client folder in the [install-dir] after LiveVideoStreaming to play..

Exclamation

Basically i have two main issues :

1.In the link provided by Wowza support:

how to use the code and where to put the coed given at the beginning ??.

2. At last To play open [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html , I donít see any client folder in my [install-dir] so that I can get to client.html.

Can you please help..

You don't really need to do anything with the code because the scheduler is include in the Wowza Modules Collection, which is noted in the article. Download the collection, unzip, copy the .jar file from the package /lib folder to Wowza /lib folder, then configure /conf/Server.xml as shown, make sure there is an application with StreamType "live", then re-start Wowza.

Richard

I have done all the changes that you asked me to do and the video is playing fine, but when i added the video file in the [install-dir]content folder and changed the video file name in the [install-dir]/content/streamschedule.smil,then its taking too long to play and infact it didn't play at all.So please tell me the significance of scheduling the video files if they don't play in time.

This is a way to create a live stream using a file as a source. The live stream will start exactly when it is set to start in the .smil file. If the date/time to start is in the past, then the live stream will start when the schedule is parsed which happens when the server re-starts. Make sure you have formatted the date correctly.

Richard

Question

Richard, i don't think that there is issue with the date/time format because earlier when i was doing this with the default video i.e sample.mp4 provided in the wowza i don't see any issues but as i added a new video file of the same format(mp4) in the same folder where earlier sample.mp4 was present i am not able to stream live. So please suggest that why it is not working with the newly added video files.

Amit

Putting the scheduler aside, does that video play as vod stream in Wowza example Flash player?

Richard

Yes, the video is working fine as a vod stream in Wowza example Flash player.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast