Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stream name alias - Avoid deleted netstreamplay

Default Stream name alias - Avoid deleted netstreamplay

Hello, we are using stream name alias module. However, when we delete an entry from aliasmap.play.txt, the old alias is still available. We want to avoid new users be able to connect to it. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techguyads View Post
    Hello, we are using stream name alias module. However, when we delete an entry from aliasmap.play.txt, the old alias is still available. We want to avoid new users be able to connect to it. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Richard? Anyone? we really need this.

Sorry for the delay. I will have to test and get back to you.

Richard

Is the default rule still present in that file? If so, remove it.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post

Richard
    Hello,

We removed everything from the file aliasmap.play.txt and alias still available to users. I read somewhere that it will keep being active for 30 seconds until the last viewer disconnects from it. But i need it to be unavailable for new users right away as we delete from the file but keep playing for users watching already. Do you think this is possible somehow?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by techguyads View Post
    Hello,

We removed everything from the file aliasmap.play.txt and alias still available to users. I read somewhere that it will keep being active for 30 seconds until the last viewer disconnects from it. But i need it to be unavailable for new users right away as we delete from the file but keep playing for users watching already. Do you think this is possible somehow?

Thank you
    Richard, do you have any hint for us?

Thanks!

I cannot replicate this. In my test when I remove an alias rule it is immediately unavailable to the next client that tries to play it. I cfonfigured StreamNameAlias in application with StreamType "default" and made aliasmap.play.txt line like:
    this=mp4:sample.mp4

I played stream named "this" in the Wowza example Flash RTMP player and it played the Wowza sample.mp4 file. I stopped the playback, and disconnected, then removed that rule from the file, then tried to play it back immediately, and it didn't work, as expected.

How did you test?

Richard

I cannot replicate this. In my test when I remove an alias rule it is immediately unavailable to the next client that tries to play it. I cfonfigured StreamNameAlias in application with StreamType "default" and made aliasmap.play.txt line like:
    this=mp4:sample.mp4

I played stream named "this" in the Wowza example Flash RTMP player and it played the Wowza sample.mp4 file. I stopped the playback, and disconnected, then removed that rule from the file, then tried to play it back immediately, and it didn't work, as expected.

How did you test?

Richard
    Hello Richard,

I was referring to this post:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...5225#post35225

Also i have another question not related to the original one;

Is there any way to only allow alias to be playable and not the source original stream (Which is publishing in FMLE (encoder). I want to do this for security.

Thanks

Richard
    Removing the default rule seems to work but only when Wowza is restarted. We can't do this as we cannot restart our origin server.

What Charlie is saying about SDP files in that post won't affect aliasing. As soon as an alias rule is removed it is unavailable. You don't have to re-start.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast