Thread: Help with live stream

Default Help with live stream

I have a weird issue that just started happening yesterday, and I'm working around the clock to try to fix.

We feed our Wowza live (basically stock) application from ffmpeg via mpeg ts over UDP. Starting yesterday, however, our flash streams have gotten wonky, in that the audio is non-existent (I can only describe it as "scratchy every 5 seconds") and the video is glitchy. On the iPhone, it works fine.

I've seen this issue in the past, when I have multiple streams being sent into the Wowza using the same UDP port. But now, we're only sending in a single stream, and it seems to have gotten into a state that it cannot correct itself from. I think it is related though, because the issue originates when I switch from one stream to another. If I stop the stream and start it again (with, say, 10 seconds in between), it seems to correct the issue, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do so I don't introduce that long a delay between streams.

It's curious that the problem doesn't exist at all on iPhone, and I'm wondering if that suggests maybe a setting I can apply to address it? Or is there a way to trigger a reset (without resetting the whole server) on just a single stream? If I had that, I could send that trigger as I'm switching origin streams.

Any thoughts? Thanks much!

Hi
    You can try adding the functionality provided my this tutorial,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....Caster-streams

It may help with the issues you're experiencing.

Jason

Thanks Jason, for the reply and suggestion.

I'll give this a shot to see how it goes! Will post a reply later today.

Thanks again,
    -Tim

Just a followup on this: the instructions on the page you referenced work were pure genius! It was easy to set up, and worked like a charm!

Now, I'm curious to dig into it a little deeper to see if there's a way that I can detect the non-existence of origin content, and play a certain clip if not.. I think that post was a good starting point for figuring that out.

Thanks again,
    -Tim