Wowza Community

streaming TV Channels

we have 10+ TV channels tie ups to broadcast on

1. their website

2. our own website

3. mobile streaming

4. give feed to other streaming websites

as of now we were using 1 computer system per channel, dish on roof, video coming coming set top box to system as input, coming direct to FMLE (Flash Media Live Encoder) from that we pushing to EC2 Wowza Server, from that server we generate links for websites and mobiles… But real problem starts when got additional channels on, as of now we have 25+ channels but 1 system per channels seems to very big issues with us…

please give us suggestions how to go with this new setup of 25+ channels

Hello,

I’m not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking of a way to have more than one FMLE instance on one computer system, so that you can use one computer system to push several streams to Wowza?

Zoran

Hi icyhammer

I currently do this with no PC in New Zealand, I can help you with this, I work as a consultant in this area so if you would like some help please PM me.

Cheers

we have 10+ TV channels tie ups to broadcast on

1. their website

2. our own website

3. mobile streaming

4. give feed to other streaming websites

as of now we were using 1 computer system per channel, dish on roof, video coming coming set top box to system as input, coming direct to FMLE (Flash Media Live Encoder) from that we pushing to EC2 Wowza Server, from that server we generate links for websites and mobiles… But real problem starts when got additional channels on, as of now we have 25+ channels but 1 system per channels seems to very big issues with us…

please give us suggestions how to go with this new setup of 25+ channels

The reference we have is here:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/specific-encoding-technologies

And there are other hardware encoder options.

Richard

Hi Icyhammer, I’m also interested in doing 4 live TV channels streamingo to WOWZA. Did you able to find a solution?

Thanks,

Tim

we have 20 TV channels, how to streaming all of them.

as of now we using 1 tv channel output to 1 system, from that system going to wowza

but as we growing this solution wont work, right now we have another set of 20+ channels lined up to live stream their content, we have to upload individual channel in house itself.

we are looking for some type of hardware solution, so that we can take set top box output to that piece of hardware and that hardware will push to our wowza server. some hardware encoder with 24-48 port.

is there any hardware solution which we can use to stream multiple TV Channels without the use of computer system.

20+ live stream > Hardware Encoder > Wowza

If you need help into configuring and defining your system architecture, we have a list of independent consultants who can help you with that. Please send a request for it by writing an email to support@wowza.com.

If you need advice on how to tune your Wowza server into handling more input streams, please take a look at our performance tuning article. If you notice that the Wowza server has reached a limit, you can either add more hardware resources to your machine, or you can add more Wowza server instances and spread your load across multiple servers.

Zoran

If you don’t want to go all-out on professional hardware encoders, get a decent-spec PC (Intel i5 should be fine) and 4 video capture cards (I like Blackmagic’s Intensity Pro cards, they do HD and are really stable and high quality). You can then run multiple instances of Wirecast on one computer. I would not recommend FMLE, as it quite CPU heavy. Wirecast can use the GPU for extra encoding acceleration, so if you have enough resources to spare, you might even be able to use one or 2 USB capture devices, for up to 6 channels on one computer.

Another option, is to use a Dreambox type of TV receiver. The great thing about these, they have built-in RTP streamers, so you could shoot out straight to your wowza server. But, this is quite high bandwidth (about 3Mbps for SD channels!), we use a software called IP Video Transcoding Live (www.ipvideotrans.com), this will ingest the streams from the Dreamboxes, compress them then shoot them out as RTMP to our wowza server. Most cost-effective solution, but the video output quality is nowhere as good as BlackMagic + Wirecast…

Hello,

Would transcoder or encoder be the correct choice?

As far as I know, transcoder transmits all channels in the same transponder.

Can anybody confirm this?

Hi icyhammer

I currently do this with no PC in New Zealand, I can help you with this, I work as a consultant in this area so if you would like some help please PM me.

Cheers

Hello pulsedigitalltd,

I am also interested in.

I am unable to send you pm.