Thread: Restreaming + pushpub

Default Restreaming + pushpub

A client is using Wowza's restreaming feature (documented here) in combination with PushPub towards LLNW.

The issue is, when the source stream interrupts, the pushpub module is not aware that a disconnection happened.

Was expecting PushPublisher.sessionClosed/disconnect to be called, with a reconnect after the stream connects back, but the pushpub module is not aware of any of this. It doesn't even blink during any source stream disconnects. If the application with pushpub module is restarted with streammanager, the stream comes back immediately to LLNW with only minor problems for clients (some lag).

How can I adress this issue? It doesn't seem like I can modify anything in PushPub to resolve this.

Are you using the new built-in PushPublisher? Or the API?

Richard

Using a custom module built on the PushPublisher API (The PushPublish.zip you provide, I think I must not paste the URL for it ).

If you have the latest version of the pushPublish package it should support this with no custom code.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_l View Post
    If you have the latest version of the pushPublish package it should support this with no custom code.
    I have the latest version of the push publishing API (ver 1892), but I'm getting the sense that's not the same thing?