Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Audio in Live Streams and Wowza recognize audio format incorrectly

Default Missing Audio in Live Streams and Wowza recognize audio format incorrectly

Hi Guys,

I am having problem with our live HD stream with udp source coming from TDT. It seems like Wowza recognize the audio as AC3 even though the streams doesn't have any audio in AC3 format, only Mp3. Below is the info from TSReader:

Program Number: 148
    PCR on PID 501 (0x01f5)
    PMT Version: 10
    Service name: Antena3 HD

Stream Type: 0x1b H.264 Video
    Elementary Stream PID 501 (0x01f5)

Stream Type: 0x06 Teletext/VBI
    Elementary Stream PID 502 (0x01f6)

Stream Type: 0x03 MPEG-1 Audio
    Elementary Stream PID 503 (0x01f7)

Stream Type: 0x03 MPEG-1 Audio
    Elementary Stream PID 504 (0x01f8)

I have also recorded the stream through wowza following the instruction from http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...gging-purposes. Kindly download it from https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwU...FVaclJ5NWhNTFE

The wowza logs can be downloaded from https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwU...khNSFlmUHZXTnM

The main problem is that the live streams coming out from wowza and all recorded content from this source doesn't have any audio.

Best Regards,

Ferdinand Hernandez

Ok it seems like following the instruction from here http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....anguage-by-PID, by selecting the PID it works fine but I am afraid that this solution might not be suitable for me since my module connects to a database to fetch the url (i.e. udp://224.192.2.10:1234) of the streams dynamically rather than having the file .stream in the content and we cannot modify the urls since other program are also using them and they might not suport the "?videoPID=&audioPID=" argument. And also the audio is not in sync when I specify the PID manually.

These streams works fine with earlier versions of Wowza Media Server.
    Last edited by f.hernandez.b; 12-13-2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: additional info

Take a look at the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 interface:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....der2-interface

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Take a look at the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 interface:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....der2-interface

Richard
    Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually using this IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 interface in my module to return the url from a channel ID which are stored in our IPTV middleware database, and yes I could add the argument to the return string from the method resolveStreamAlias() but this is if I know exactly what is the PID of the audio for each stream but this will defeat the purpose of actually having a dynamic stream which are controlled by the middleware. For instance, if the stream of this url change I will need to have a look at the stream using tsreader to find out exactly what are the audio PID and load it into my module by some sort of config file but I can't be doing all this manually, I might as well just use the .stream file.

Of course I can also write a small utility which would connect to the stream and parse the PID of the audio, but is this really necessary? I have never encountered this problem with the previous version of Wowza using exactly the same stream source. Is this some kind of a bug? is there any patch I can apply to fix this issue?

Regards,

Ferdinand Hernandez

Ok, I can confirm. with Wowza version 3.1.2 build1624 there were no problems using exactly the same stream source. Guys, I think this is a regression which would need to be fixed.

Hi Ferdinand,

Can you please open a ticket at support@wowza.com and include a link to here so it can be investigated fully.

Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_l View Post
    Hi Ferdinand,

Can you please open a ticket at support@wowza.com and include a link to here so it can be investigated fully.

Roger.
    Hi Roger,

Ok, I opened a ticket #44715

Regards,

Ferdinand

Default Similar problem on 3.5.2

Hi, Wowza Team,

I just found this problem happened in my transcoding.
    our source are using mpeg1 layer2, but according to the logs, Wowza recognized it as MP3. I dont know whether mpeg1 layer2 is also categorized into MP3.
    But the result is the same, the live streaming after transcoded by Wowza doesnt have any audio data, even it is specified to convert to AAC in the transcode.xml.
    Would you please give us some advice on this?

Thanks.

regards,
    long

long,

Please re-start Wowza, then start the stream, then test playback of one the transcoded streams using the Wowza FlashRTMPPlayer example player.

Then zip up and send the /conf and /transcoder folders and the current access log showing the above re-start, stream start and playback test to support@wowza.com.

Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

Hi, Richard,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I have filed a ticket 2 days ago, and attached relative files there. Please refer to the ticket number "Request #56959 ".
    Have been struggling for few days. hope you can give me some suggestions.
    Thanks.

regards,
    long

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast