Wowza Community

g711 audio

Hello,

We have an IP camera with g711 and g726 audio encoding options.

Is it possible to play the audio (together with H.264 video stream) in flash player or IPhone without transcoder?

If it is not possible, can I use the audio-only option of the transcoder with a pass through video stream and g711->AAC audio stream.

Or is the audio-only option valid only for the case where there is no video stream at all.

Thanks,

Özgür

Özgür,

G711 should work in Flash 11+ without transcoder. I’m not sure about g726.

The audioonly.xml example template involves audio+video where only the audio is transcoded, the video is set to “PassThru”

Richard

Özgür,

Let me try to be more clear about this: the “audioonly.xml” Transcoder template only transcodes the audio but it still involves video. The video is not transcoded, it is set to “PassThru”. The audio only licensing for the Wowza Transcoder is for streams that do not contain video. You may qualify for audio only license if the source has video but you set the video encoding to “Disable”, but I’m not sure about that, and I don’t think that is what you want.

After clarification with Sales, this configuration does qualify for audio only priciing

Richard

It is my understand that g.711 works in recent Flash versions. I do not have a source to test where I am at present (I do have an axis m-1011 with g.711 audio option at home). Try it on the Wowza /examples/LiveVideoStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer. Make sure you have up to date version of Flash.

Richard

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your answer. I will use the audio only option of the transcoder.

Is the audio only option supported only on wowza 3.5 or can we use it on wowza 3.0.5.

And also Is it enough to use the audioonly.xml template to be charged the audio only fee, or do i have to do anything to get a audio-only license?

Thanks,

Özgür

Did you solve this without the Transcoder AddOn? I have a Sony IP cam, that only supports G.711 and G.726. It seems Flowplayer does not play G.711. Still experimenting. Would be nice to know how far you have reached with this. Thanks!