Thread: Per Steam Data Usage

Default Per Steam Data Usage

Hello,
    Looking to figure out how to pull data from the Wowza logs. We are looking to invoice based on data/bandwidth usage per camera. Is there any way to do this? We are using a dedicated ServerRoom server and have implemented AWStats, we were told that there is not a way to get this info because Wowza uses a single log file, yet we are able to see the number of connections and the Average for the individual steams, which seems odd to me that with that data one could not query what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help,
    Jeremey

Quote Originally Posted by JerLaw View Post
    Hello,
    Looking to figure out how to pull data from the Wowza logs. We are looking to invoice based on data/bandwidth usage per camera. Is there any way to do this? We are using a dedicated ServerRoom server and have implemented AWStats, we were told that there is not a way to get this info because Wowza uses a single log file, yet we are able to see the number of connections and the Average for the individual steams, which seems odd to me that with that data one could not query what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help,
    Jeremey
    What we did iwas write a parser using PHP command line and insert the log data into database with columns. And we sums the volume transfer using database

http://control.stream.my

Log rows with x-event "destroy" have cumulative sc-bytes (server to client bytes) and x-duration, etc. for a session.

There is a way to log directly to a database, but it can be problematic (fail), so it is better to parse the log files after. If you need access to files more quickly you can use the TimeAndSizeRollingAppender

Richard