Thread: Cannot access wowza at IP:1935?

Default Cannot access wowza at IP:1935?

I am using the test license of Wowza and everything has been working just fine up to now.

This morning I went to shutdown the wowza service and then re-start it but I accidentally used these commands:
    cd /Library/WowzaMediaServer/bin
    ./shutdown.sh

cd /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/bin
    ./startup.sh

After the startup command above was used I got this error:

Error creating class loader: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Unknown Source)
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.startServer(Unknown Source)
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
    Error starting: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.startServer(Unknown Source)
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)

Then I realized that I meant to use the correct service shutdown and startup commands:

/sbin/service WowzaMediaServer stop
    /sbin/service WowzaMediaServer start

So I then did that and I get the correct messages now that wowza is started.

The problem now is that when I try to access wowza at the IP addess:1935 I get a page cannot be found error

I have looked in the firewall and nothing's blocked there so I'm not sure what I may have done here. Is the error messsage I got above a normal message or did I screw something up?

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Hi,

What are your log statements after you started WMS using the /sbin/service WowzaMediaServer start command?

be sure that you starting Wowza using a user account (i.e. root) that has the appropriate access to run the startup command?

-Tim

can you please tell me how to find the log statements? I am pretty new to this.

i am starting wowza from the su- root where i have always been doing this.

i am getting the started and stopped messages when i use the sbin start and stop commands.

did the error messages i posted above from my initially using the wrong commands possibly cause any problems or did those not mean anything?

i will post the logs as soon as i figure out how to get them.

The logs are located in [install-dir]/logs. You will want to look at wowzamediaserver_access.log and wowzamediaserver_error.log.

You're welcome to send a copy of your [install-dir]/logs and /conf folders (in a zip/archive) to support@wowza.com where we can take a closer look.

You may also want to try starting Wowza in standalone mode using the instructions listed here: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....tartStandalone

-Tim

the standalone mode is what i did in my first message on accident where i got those error messages.

when i try to start it again in standalone mode i still get the same error messages posted in my first post

i will get the logs to you as soon as i get back to my office.