Thread: Publishing multiple output streams

Default Publishing multiple output streams

I understand I need to start WowzaMediaServer demon when I want to publish a new output stream. Suppose if I want to publish multiple stream, and so when I restart the WowzaMediaServer during second stream publishing, wont the first stream flow get disturbed?

I'm unable to find a workaround for this

I have connected my live encoder to Wowza and HLS streaming of this is happening smoothly. 2nd instance of my live encoder is sending a new stream to Wowza(ofcourse through a different port) while 1st instance in still running. For publishing 2nd stream, I will have to do a Wowza media restart and this is affecting already running stream. What is the way to solve this problem?

!Jagadish

You do not have to re-start Wowza to accept new incoming streams. What is the encoder? What tutorial(s) are you following?

Richard

I'm using FFMPEG which is pumping out mpegts stream into Wowza. As I understand, these are the possible ways of publishing a stream
    - Manual way through stream manager
    - Through JAVA API
    - Through StartupStreams.xml
    I'm using the last option as per the tutorial http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder) and this needs the server to be restarted

~Jagadish

Jagadish,

There is no need to re-start Wowza to re-stream additional mpegts sources. To start MediaCaster streams (which is what these are), you have the options you listed and the MediaCaster API

Only the StartUpStreams.xml method requires Wowza to re-start to work. None of the other methods do. You can use any combo of those methods.

Richard

Yes. But this will make me call Java APIs. I was figuring out if there is a way to circumvent both Java and manual publishing(stream manager)
    Something like StartUpStreams.xml working without restarting the server is an ideal thing for me

~Jagadish

Actually, there is another method, it should work perfectly for you:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....treamsMonitor)

Richard

Thank you Richard. Let me go through this

~Jagadish