Thread: MediaCache mp3 archive

1. Exclamation MediaCache mp3 archive

Banging my head as to why this file wont play from s3. It made public and is a perfectly good mp3.
    rtmp://nwrnode01.invintustream.net/vods3/mp3:amazons3/state.ak/legis.serve/FISH020228A.mp3

the log shows its getting a 404:
    2013-01-08 18:40:50 UTC comment server WARN 200 - MediaCacheItemHTTPImpl.getItemInfo[state.ak.s3.amazonaws.com/legis.serve/FISH020228A.mp3]: HTTP response: 404

But i certainly do not get a 404 when i just go grab it from the browser..

I have upgraded to 3.5.0 build2989 just last night. But this has had MediaCache Issues, that's why I upgraded.

Thoughts?

Thank you.
    __
    I just tried it from another ec2 server and it works fine..
    rtmp://webarchive.thefloridachannel.org/vods3/mp3:amazons3/state.ak/legis.serve/FISH020228A.mp3
    that server is running 3.0.4 build1127

BUT I need it to "work" on the server that has issues.
    Last edited by INVINTUS; 01-08-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: addendum

One problem, because there are many subfolders in the bucket path, you have to add "_definst_" to the connection part. Like this:

rtmp://nwrnode01.invintustream.net/vods3/_definst_/mp3:amazons3/state.ak/legis.serve/FISH020228A.mp3

But there seems to be another problem too. Can you place the Wowza sample.mp4 in that location and try it?

rtmp://nwrnode01.invintustream.net/vods3/_definst_/mp4:amazons3/state.ak/legis.serve/sample.mp4

Is this an EC2 instance, using vods3 app that is pre-configured?

You say you made ACL public for this file? Are you able to download it directly? What is the URL?

Richard

3. Default

I went through every line of the config files and then put my tuned files back in and restarted the server and it seems to be working. I will let you know if it does the same thing again.

4. Default

Its doing it again with a newly added mp4 file. I restarted the server and it worked.
    I uploaded the sample to the bucket: https://s3.amazonaws.com/elsclientst...647/sample.mp4
    to answer your question, yes this is a pre-configured ebs instance using your mediacache.

the sample file works for some reason, but if the server runs long enough, any new files will fail. I am going to build a new server and move my apps over to it. This is a bad day for this to crop up.. always seems to be the case though right?

Thanks for any insight into this.
    Last edited by INVINTUS; 01-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Re-start Wowza, then test again playback again. Then zip up and send /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

6. Default

ok will do.