Wowza Community

WoWza Publishing point for Softlayer CDN

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and just started using WOWZA. I have my CDN with softlayer. I want to put publishing point like rtmp://fso.hhp.xxxx.edgecastcdn.net/xxxx to push contents to their CDN.

Please advice what I want to do in my WOWZA server ?

thanks,

Navas

My understanding is that edgecastcdn is their CDN providers …

Take a look at the PushPublish addon:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-push-streams-to-cdns-and-other-services-push-publishing

Richard

Try adding debug properties: “DebugLog:true, DebugPackets:true”

live={Profile:rtmp, Host:fso.hhp.XXXX.edgecastcdn.net, Application:20XXXX, StreamName:live?20XXXX, OriginalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000, DebugLog:true, DebugPackets:true}

Richard

As you can see, the NetConnection.connect is rejected. You should check your credentials and publishing point, confirm with Edgecast. Perhaps there is logs on their side.

Richard

Yes Confgiured PushPublish …

My WOWZA server: live.linux360.com, CDN provider adviced to add following entry in WOWZA:-

The CDN will not be able to pull from WOWZA directly. The WOWZA server must be configured to use a publishing point. Please publish the desired stream to the publishing point closest to your encoder.

Publishing Point URL Europe : Amsterdam rtmp://fso.ams.XXXX.edgecastcdn.net/20XXXX

Publishing Point URL North America : Ashburn rtmp://fso.dca.XXXX.edgecastcdn.net/20XXXX

So I have done following entry in PushPublishMap.txt:-

live={Profile:rtmp, Host:fso.hhp.XXXX.edgecastcdn.net, Application:20XXXX, StreamName:live?20XXXX, OriginalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000 }

Please advice, is this the correct entry ?

Any updates pls ? My WOWZA log is not producing any error… but I could not play in flowplayer with the URL: rtmp://fml.xxxx.edgecastcdn.net/20xxxx/. I can access directly without connecting CDN …

StreamOnStatus.onCallback[rtmp://fso.hhp.XXXX.edgecastcdn.net:1935/20XXXX/live?20XXXX]:Netstream Failed

In the Encoder log also I can see Netstream failed:-

un Jan 13 2013 23:17:41 : Primary - Connected to FMS/4,5,4,3003

Sun Jan 13 2013 23:17:46 : Primary - Network Command: onFCPublish

Sun Jan 13 2013 23:17:46 : Primary - Stream[livestream] Status: Success

Sun Jan 13 2013 23:17:46 : Primary - Stream[livestream] Status: NetStream.Failed

Now the logs shows as follows:-

2013-01-13 19:53:35 UTC comment server INFO 200 - PushPublisher#ConnectResult.connect[rtmp://fso.hhp.xxxx.edgecastcdn.net:1935/stream/live]: result: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected description:[ Server.Reject ] : (defaultRoot, defaultVHost) : Application (stream) is not defined. Message: - - - 31.966 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How can I Define Application in Edgecast ?