Thread: Timing a live session being played

Default Timing a live session being played

Hello all!

I'm looking for any way to control the playback time for live sessions. I need to know the timeline position since the stream started to be published. It will be useful to control the interactive content.

It seems to be easy to implement for ondemand sessions due to timeline, but I'm without any idea about hot to do it for live sessions.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Renato A. Ferreira

Renato,

You can control play length of a live stream by wrapping the live stream in a Stream class stream that has a length value. Take a look at the scheduler, for example:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rver-listener)

For a timeline or seek bar, you would have to use nDVR
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....live-streaming

Richard

Hi
    What are you trying to achieve?, do you want them to view the live stream with a 30 minute delay on the stream for example?
    What do you mean by interactive content?

Jason

Let's consider that, during a transmission, the presenter say something related to a spreadsheet and then launch a component to show the spreadsheet image for the audience. Due to buffering and other application or network delays, I need to synchronize the video being shown with the moment when the image will appear in audience screen. Otherwise the image may appear too much time after or before the video moment and the presentation loss its sense.

I think that, if I know the playing timestamp since the video started to be published, will be possible to create a synchronization algorithmic to solve this issue. This timestamp must be related to video being played in the client player. I don't think that the cuepoint/metadata option will be available for all devices and players.

Renato
    Last edited by Renato@Voitel; 01-11-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Renato,

That will be very difficult to achieve across devices and players. I would stick to Flash RTMP client.

Richard