Thread: Transcoder nDVR audio video sync problem

Default Transcoder nDVR audio video sync problem

We are evaluating Wowza as Live Streaming server along with DVR facility . I have downloaded Wowza 3.5 and have enabled Transcoder and nDvr Addons.

We are streaming videos through Cisco Spinakker 8100 encoder using mpegts streaming.

Wowza has been configured to store recording for 12 hours.

I have also configured adaptive bitrate ( 4 bitrates , 400k,600k,1200k,2500k) to stream using Transcoder Addon.

I am able to successfully stream and record videos on PC using flash player and also on iPad.

However I am facing following issues

1. The video audio sync is lost frequently. This issue is not observed when I am streaming without adaptive bitrate streaming i.e. single stream of 2500kbps.
    2. Some frames repeat intermittently.

I have checked by reducing number of bitrates from 4 to 2 to reduce the CPU utilization to check if that is the reason.

Wowza logs sometime throw out errors like "Timecode out of error" and "Resetting dvr time from". But these errors are not always shown when there is out of sync issue.

Any other things that I should look out for? Please help.

Sync issues originate with the encoder. This is how to debug:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-packetization

Assuming you will see sync issues, check for a firmware update for the encoder.

Richard

Also, engineering suggested that ABR key frame alignment might be the cause of problem #2. You can debug key frame alignment follow this guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rame-alignment

If still a problem, zip up and send /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Thanks for the replies. I tried all of the above by could not find the issue.

Recently we moved Wowza to new more powerful servers. Also these new servers are placed now in same network segment. This seems to have resolved the issue for now. I still observe av sync issues but they are infrequent and go away if I stop and start the player.