Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over License Limit - Wowza Media Server 3 for Amazon EC2 3.1.1.10 build1604

Default Over License Limit - Wowza Media Server 3 for Amazon EC2 3.1.1.10 build1604

Hi,

I've been getting this problem since 3 days ago. I've had a long discussion with the AWS customer support on how to solve it and they have referred me to seek help in this forum. Really quite disappointing that we are paying subscription to AWS and when problem hits, they point us else where.

I have noticed from the logs that users automatically get kicked out from the server before even reaching the video file. Why? Because errors are shown in the log files ("OVER LICENSE LIMIT") but these traffic data in/out, CPU utilization was not shown in the Cloud Watch Monitoring system of AWS.

We have been using Wowza Media Server 3 with Amazon EC2 - Big Instance for 6 months before this and it was working fine. Why the problem all of a sudden?

Anyway, i didn't know there was a license limit- so what's this about and how do i solve it.

PS: I have seen many threads on this but i don't know which applies to me because these threads are quite old.

Regards
    Kevin

Kevin,

Which AMI did you use to start the instance?

Richard

We are receiving this error as well, and I need an answer pretty soon. My boss is not happy. I am using instance ami-5e5edb37 (Wowza Media Server 3.5 LicKey Licensing)

-Ben

4. Default

I'd like to chime in here too. On my dedicated installations, I have recently been experiencing random license check failures when restarting wowza. Sometimes the error message indicates that the licensing server could not be reached, and other times the message indicates that the license is not valid.

Check the /conf/VHosts.xml (not VHost.xml) file, there might be a ConnectionLimit set for the Vhost. If you want no connection limit, make sure it is "0"

Richard

How do I check that on an Amazon Instance?

It doesn't sound like you made a change to that file.

Make sure you updated the /conf/Server.license file and have re-started Wowza after that.

Check the license type in a browser:
    http://[wowza-ecs-public-dns]:1935

Otherwise, zip up the /conf and /logs folders and send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    It doesn't sound like you made a change to that file.

Make sure you updated the /conf/Server.license file and have re-started Wowza after that.

Check the license type in a browser:
    http://[wowza-ecs-public-dns]:1935

Otherwise, zip up the /conf and /logs folders and send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread.

Richard
    Confused. Are you talking to me or jay_charles? I'm not clear how to access these files on an AWS instance. We terminate the instance after a few hours each week (not a permanent server). I assume I need to access them when it is running, but im not sure how to go about that.. Please forgive, I'm very green to using AWS.

I guess I am kinda thread-jacking, but really need some answers soon.

-Ben

Ben,

So you do not update the /conf/Server.license file after you start a new instance? With the licKey AMIs you have to provide a subscription or perpetual license to get unlimited connections. Otherwise it will have a 10 connect limit.

You can update the Server.license file with FTP or using SSH client (like Putty on Windows) with text editor like vi.

For more info take a look at the EC2 quickstart and user guide here:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-documentation

Richard

I never had to do this before, is this a new implementation? or am I using the wrong type AMI?

I'll need to go look at my account. Seems like we are on a monthly like $4-5 subscription with you, and it was my understanding connections were unlimited.

-Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast