Thread: Accessing Wowza Log Files Via PHP

Default Accessing Wowza Log Files Via PHP

I'm trying to access the logs stored in "/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer-3.1.2/logs" using a PHP script so I can insert the info into a MySQL database and make things easier to sort through. I originally tried the method from this article, but that was causing Wowza to shut down and is apparently unreliable. Now using a PHP script, I'm receiving a "Permission denied" error when trying to access the log files using the file_get_contents() function since the files are owned by the wowza user. So, how can I change the user to apache or chmod the file so they can be read by PHP?

Quote Originally Posted by vBadvanced View Post
    I'm trying to access the logs stored in "/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer-3.1.2/logs" using a PHP script so I can insert the info into a MySQL database and make things easier to sort through. I originally tried the method from this article, but that was causing Wowza to shut down and is apparently unreliable. Now using a PHP script, I'm receiving a "Permission denied" error when trying to access the log files using the file_get_contents() function since the files are owned by the wowza user. So, how can I change the user to apache or chmod the file so they can be read by PHP?

I run the script as ROOT via cronjob once a day

Hmmm... That might work if that's the only way and if running the cron job as root will let it access the logs. I was really hoping to be able to change the logs owner or permissions though so that the logs could be accessed at anytime to give real time stats.