Thread: Mediacache with Rackspace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mediacache with Rackspace

Dear Forum

I'm attempting to use the Mediacache plugin with my Rackspace CDN and ran into a few snags after following the documentation.

The sample file can be seen here:

When I use the syntax of:

I get the following error:

WARN server comment 2013-01-23 00:00:04 - - - - - 84000.267 - - - - - - - - NetConnectionConnection.connect: Failed to connect[]: org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session[ConnectException: null].

It appears to be trying to access a different location (?). Also, it appears to be trying to connect to port 1935 port on the CDN, is this correct?

Here are the files that require adjustment, an also here is a sample of the error log:

Application xml:

Server xml:

Mediacache xml:

Portion of the error log:

Any help would be great! The directions seemed pretty straight forward, so I have no idea what may be causing this.

Thank you for your support!
    Last edited by cherylfoster777; 01-23-2013 at 02:45 AM.

For some reason this page is adding a space into "" above and turning it into "8033c71.r57.cf2.rackcdn.c om/sample_mpeg4.mp4" -

I don't know why this is, but if you try the address without the space you will see that it does not work.

The problem is the Server.xml, the MediaCache ServerListener: You have added the <BaseClass> but it needs to be wrapped in <ServerListener></ServerListener> tags. Refer to the commented out ServerListeners above it in your Server.xml file. Fix that, then re-start Wowza and test playback again.

btw, using MediaCache and playback of cupertino stream would not involve a RTMP Netconnection.