Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PushPublish 3.5 to Akamai timecode issues.

Question PushPublish 3.5 to Akamai issues.

I am receiving an RTMP stream from an FMLE encoder over the public internet. I am then creating HLS from this stream and pushing the RTMP to Akamai (non HD Network).

stream1={Profile:rtmp-akamai, StreamName:xxxx, Akamai.StreamId:xxxx, Application:EntryPoint, Username:xxxx, Password:xxxxx, DebugLog:true, Akamai.HDNetwork:false, Akamai.SendToBackupServer:false, SendStreamCloseCommands:true, OriginalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

The stream is making it to Akamai, however when I go to play the stream it will not play and the bandwidth reported by Akamai's test player is wonky (http://support.akamai.com/flash). I have seen this issue before and Akamai has told me the timecodes on the incoming stream are all out of wack. I can play the RTMP right from the Wowza server just fine. Is someone able to explain to me how timecodes work when going from FMLE -> Wowza -> Akamai?

I had previously written my own plugin to do this work (https://github.com/telvue/WowzaAkama...ushPlugin.java) so I tried to match the settings I was using there. Also, the same exact FMLE encoder sending to my Wowza 3.0 server with my plugin sends to Akamai correctly.

I really love the new plugin I just need to get this working, thanks!
    Last edited by bmckim; 02-13-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Did you modify the PushPublishProfile.xml file? Are you absolutely sure you are in the non-HD network?

Richard

No I have not modified that file. Yes I am sure I am not using the HD Network.

Can you send me your config files and logs. Your map file looks just like our test which works fine.

Will do today. I am also running a test internally now and it is working. I have seen this same behavior when running internally as well though. I will try to capture any logs I get from the test today as well.

Tom, Can I PM these to you? It looks like you have private messaging turn off.

I turned PM mode on. thanks.

I looked through the logs (not sure why site was bad first time I looked). I can see the push publishing module try to connect but I cannot see a connection. This should probably be put into Wowza as a ticket to get help. Send your logs to support@wowza.com and reference this forum post.

After working with Wowza support we found the issue.

It turned out not to be time code issues, but the stream from Wowza was actually causing the client's flash to throw exceptions. They provided me with a patched version of the plugin which s working. They said they will be releasing sometime in the near future.

Was this version released? I think I might be having similar issues, but its hard to tell as I'm not seeing a changelog in the PushPublish_3.5.zip file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast