Wowza Community

HLS stream discards audio and audio and video do not synchronize when serve 1280*720

Hi:

When I set a which is 1280*720, 2000kbps stream via HLS protocol, I found the audio always discarded. And the audio and video do not synchronize when I played for 1hour.

But the 960*540, 1200kbps stream is OK.

Is there some conf place I mistakes?

The dvr application.xml:

cupertinoChunkDurationTarget

Integer

dvrChunkDurationMinimum

Integer

the VHost.xml 's setting is :

Thank you.

It is probably because of bandwidth limitation of the network that the iOS test device is on. Except for bitrate, is the 1200kbs stream the same audio and video encoding as the 2000kbs stream?

Richard

There is not a limit in Wowza. The limit is usually at the client, or somewhere in between Wowza and a client. You have to find what is optimal or use ABR to deliver multiple bit rate renditions,

Richard

Hi

Yes, you can use an iOS device (HLS) to play a stream in an application using the nDVR AddOn.

What bitrates bid you use when you tried to use ABR?

There is an example here if needed,

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-live-streaming-using-an-rtmp-based-encoder#ABR

Jason

The 1200kbps stream‘s resolution is 960544, and the 2000kbps stream’s resolution is 1280720, and others are the same. When I use VLC to play the 2000kbps stream, the VLC will stop for a second (both the video and the audio) and then play while playing.

Is there any suggested bitrate for 1280*720 resolution or is there any upper limit for wowza to serve a stream under this ReceiveBufferSize and SendBufferSize configuration.

Thank you very much.

Hi:

Now we are deliver stream using CBR mod. We tried the ABR mod and it is the same.

But we found that when we use HDS(manifest.f4m) to play using flash object, the video will stop for a second to wait the audio , and then synchronized.

And as I played the HLS stream for a long time(about 1 hour), the playing point is several minutes ago, not live point. But HDS will not.

Is HLS stream and HDS stream dealing timespan not the same?(they use a same source)

Can I set wowza to deal with HLS stream with timespan in DVR application?

Thank you.

There is not a limit in Wowza. The limit is usually at the client, or somewhere in between Wowza and a client. You have to find what is optimal or use ABR to deliver multiple bit rate renditions,

Richard