I'm trying to interpret Wowza's logs (Wowza Media Server 3 for Amazon EC2 3.5.0 build2989) and am having trouble interpreting data transfer.
According to the user guide, the following fields can be used for data transfer:
- cs-bytes: Total number of bytes transferred from client to server (cumulative)
- cs-stream-bytes: Total number of bytes transferred from client to server for stream x-stream-id (cumulative)
- sc-bytes: Total number of bytes transferred from server to client (cumulative)
- sc-stream-bytes: Total number of bytes transferred from server to client for stream x-stream-id (cumulative)
This, to me, means that I can use "sc-bytes" to see the total data transfer and "sc-stream-bytes" for that particular play connection..am I correct?
The issue is that the only populated field is "sc-stream-bytes", and I can't find the logic behind it. For example, I have tested one live stream only on entire server, it identifies itself (x-stream-id) as "1" on the "publish->stream" event, yet "play->stream" randomly returns anything from 1 - 5.
Which fields should I use in order to gather the following statistics:
- Total bytes out from server
- Total bytes out from stream
- Total bytes out from play event