Thread: what about new h265 ?

Default what about new h265 ?

hi all,

now that h265 has been launched (http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/p...x#.UQZpn2f1vTq), is it planned to introduce it inside wowza somewhere ? maybe when something could read it ;-)

thanks

regards

Nicolas

Nicolas,

Yes, absolutely. I can't give a time frame but Wowza will be investigating this soon.

Richard

It is really good to hear Wowza will be supported H.265 HEVC soon. Good work guys.

Hi Richard,
    Please update me on any progress made that is relevant to the release of this codec as im quite sure we (Kariblink Digital) will deploy this on a massive scale as soon as it pasts all our tests.

Oh by the way the tests with the new wowza 3 and blackberry devices went superbly, i have gotten the transcoder to work on IOS, Android and blackberry devices using a single publishing point. I have a test stream running but its not on a dedicated network so if its bombbarded by traffic it will buffer. But the concept is to just see that it works also be cautioned that some network carriers for the blackberry devices do not allow direct udp however all works fine on wifi. I have tested on two carriers in my region and it works on one and doesnt work on the other, I spoke with the carrier that wasnt functioning and we have since then found a way to resolve the issue. Blackberry Link Android Link IOS Link
    Last edited by kaliweed; 04-03-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Great news on the BB tests. Thanks for updating. I will try to let you know on h265. I don't have a time frame. I am sure that it will be a banner feature, literally, those blue announcement banners at top of this forum.

Richard

What kind of streaming protocol will be supported with h.265(hevc) in wowza streaming server?
    HLS?, DASH?, RTP/RTSP?

This information will be helpful to plan the development of client player SW.

I don't know but I would guess that it will eventually be supported for all if it is going to be very useful.

Richard

Is there any update concerning Wowza support of HEVC??

Any new on HEVC?

Hi,
    No new news on this. Currently no time frame has been set.

Daren