Thread: Webcam Livestream + Ads every 5 Minutes

Exclamation Webcam Livestream + Ads every 5 Minutes

Here is my problem:

I've set up WOWZA to transcode my webcam livestream for mass usage. Works perfectly.

/content: company.stream (containing the rtsp source of my webcam)

Starts automatically with streamtype RTP.

#################

Now i'd like to setup ads which occur at startpoint and every following 5 minutes so i did the following:

- Uploaded wms-plugin-collection.jar to /lib
    - modified <StreamType>live</StreamType> type to live in /conf/Application.xml
    - added streamschedule.smil to /content/streamschedule.smil

<smil>
        <head>
        </head>
        <body>

<stream name="Webcam"></stream>

<playlist name="pl2" playOnStream="Webcam" repeat="true" scheduled="2013-01-01 17:00:00">
                <video src="company.stream" start="-2" length="-1"/> <--- contains rtsp url to webcam which worked before
            </playlist>
        </body>
    </smil>
    This should start automatically once i restart Wowza according to the documentation, so i removed my normal RTP-Webcam stream and just use the streamschedule.smil.

For whatever reason, i cant see anything. Error log does not show any errors. The company.stream content (remote rtsp) doesnt get fetched too at all

Ok, i have to start the original stream so the scheduler can access it. I can access the old stream using the new name "Webcam" now. Still, howto get ads every 5 minutes ?

You have to set the length for company.stream to "300", and add another video to the playlist.

<smil>
        <head>
        </head>
        <body>

<stream name="Webcam"></stream>

<playlist name="pl2" playOnStream="Webcam" repeat="true" scheduled="2013-01-01 17:00:00">
                <video src="company.stream" start="-2" length="300"/>
                <video src="mp4:myAdvertisement.mp4" start="0" length="-1"/>
            </playlist>
        </body>
    </smil>
    Ensure that myAdvertisement.mp4 and company.stream have similar audio and video encoding. Then test in every client you are going to use to be sure it can switch between the two. If there is much difference in either audio or video most clients will not be able to handle the switch.

Richard