Thread: Record Multiple Files Simultaneously From A Single Stream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Record Multiple Files Simultaneously From A Single Stream

I couldn't get this to work so I wanted to see if there is a workaround or if this is how it is intended.

When I attempt to issue an HTTP requests to record two different output filenames from the same stream, the second one never records.

For example, let's say I have a stream that is going for an hour and I want to record the entire hour. However during that hour I want to issue a command to say record a one minute clip during various times that can be processed and played offline while the original clip is still recording.

How can I achieve that?

Thanks!

Try setting outputPath for one, so it has a different file name

Richard

I tried using outputPath with the same folder and tried a different outputFile for each one and that didn't work. Then I tried a different outputPath AND a different outputFile for each one and that still didn't work.

Is that something that should work but I'm just calling it wrong?

Again - is this something that I should be able to do? I need to know if this is a limitation and/or if this is something I have to work around.

Sorry, this is not going to work with built-in HTTPLiveStreamRecord. Sorry for misleading. The built-in feature will only allow one recording per stream. However it can work with the LiveStreamRecord API, I tried it with the old ModuleLiveStreamRecord, I just had to comment out these lines:

//if (prevRecorder != null)
    //	prevRecorder.stopRecording();
    The package with this source is here:
    http://www.wowza.com/downloads/forum...Record_2.0.zip

There is a Flash UI for this. To make two recordings I had to open two copies of it, and set different file name for outputPath in each. It worked in my test, after re-building the module with the above two lines commented out.

Richard

This just shows that two recordings can be made, but more would need to be done to that module to avoid problems, to know what stream to stop.

maybe there is a simpler example that works as-is...

Richard