Thread: How to set-up live stream

Default How to set-up live stream

Hi!

Could you please help me to configure Wowza to restream a live stream send to it, instead of writing it to flv file?

Right now I have next situation:

1. Wowza is installed on Windows localhost in dir [C:\Wowza\3.5\]

2. Java application is working on localhost. It makes a screenshot every second in real time, encodes it and sent as VIDEO-stream to Wowza with this parameters:
        host[localhost]
        port[1935]
        app-name[screenshare]
        stream-name[ss]
    3. In [C:\Wowza\3.5\applications\] new folder "screenshare" was created.

4. To dir [C:\Wowza\3.5\applications\screenshare] Application.xml file was copied with this properties:
    	<StreamType>live</StreamType>
    	<HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming</HTTPStreamers>
    	<LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer</LiveStreamPacketizers>
    	<PlayMethod>none</PlayMethod>
    5. When I launched my screenshare-application and then tried to access it via [C:\Wowza\3.5\examples\LiveVideoStreaming\FlashRTMPPlayer\] with such input params:
    Server: rtmp://localhost/screenshare
    Stream: ss

Results: I found that I was able to see the screen - but in form of movie file - it is played from very beginning to the moment, when was pressing "Connect" button. After this I had to press "Connect" again - and got a little bit longer movie. After this I found out that actually in directory [C:\Wowza\3.5\content\] file ss.flv is created and it is increasing in real time.

So the question: how I should set up parameters in my screen-share app or in [wowza] dir to get real-life stream in FlashRTMPPlayer instead of ss.flv? And what parameters should I use in FlashRTMPPlayer to get access to this stream?

Thank you

You have the Application.xml in the wrong place. It goes here:

/conf/screenshare/Application.xml

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    You have the Application.xml in the wrong place. It goes here:

/conf/screenshare/Application.xml

Richard
    Richard, thank you very much. I copied directory screenshare to [wowza-root]/conf and then actually got my live stream.

Best regards, Dmitry

Great! Thanks for the update, Dmitry. Glad it's working

Richard