Thread: Buffering in Transcoder?

Default Buffering in Transcoder?

Hi,
    I am having Transcoder application in my server. When I start stream transcoding, my playback become very worse because of severe buffering problem? How can I reduce buffering in playback the Transcoding stream?

I am using window server 2012 for video streaming and the CPU usage goes peak(100%) for a Transcoding stream. Why CPU usage is high for a transcoding stream? Is there any way to reduce this ?

My settings in FMLE:
    video:
    -----
    Format: H.264
    Profile:Baseline
    Level: 3.1
    KeyFrame Frequency: 1 second
    Frame Rate: 30.00
    bit rate:500 kbps
    output size:320X240

Audio:
    ------
    format:mp3
    channels:Stereo channels
    sample Rate : 44100 Hz
    Bit Rate: 128 Kbps

Total bandwidth required to stream 628 Kbps

My Streaming url: rtmp://wowza address/Transcoder/livestream
    Playing Url: http://wowza address:1935/Transcoder/ngrp:livestream_all/manifest.f4m

How to minimize the buffering in playback the stream?
    Last edited by divyat; 02-02-2013 at 02:26 AM.

What type client, Flash RTMP? The most common cause of buffering in the playback client is bit rate higher than available bandwidth to that client.

Are you testing locally, or on a remote client? If remote, try testing locally.

Are you playing back a lower bitrate transcoded stream. You show the source encoding, which is only 628kbs, what is the encoding of the transcoded rendition that is buffering?

Richard

Thank you Richard,
    I am playing back a transcoded 360bitrate stream. The encoding of the transcoded rendition 360 bitrate is buffering. Please give me the settings then for transcoding to playback without buffering..

Quote Originally Posted by divyat View Post
    Thank you Richard,
    I am playing back a transcoded 360bitrate stream. The encoding of the transcoded rendition 360 bitrate is buffering. Please give me the settings then for transcoding to playback without buffering..
    i think you dont understand what buffering is.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1212457AA4pLYA
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...internet-media

your problem is your server have a limited bandwith OR/AND you have a limited bandwith so you cant get the stream with sufficient bandwith, so you see "buffering"

how to solve, fix your problem bandwith and/or try play with bufferlenght values in swf players..