Wowza Community

PMT value in the PAT does not match the PMT value in the HLS segment

For one Wowza instance that I’m using, I’m not seeing the correct PIDs in the HLS stream. Inside of the PAT, it says that the PMT PID is 4863, but when I look at all of the PIDs that are in that HLS segment, I see that the PMT that is coming through is on PID 4095.

On the right-hand side of the image, it shows the PMT pid (4863). When I look at all PIDs in the segment on the left-hand side, it shows 4095 (which I have inspected and is indeed a PMT).

Is there a reason why these PIDs do not match? If not, is there a way to force PIDs to be certain values in the resulting HLS stream?

What version of Wowza are you using. What are you using to look at this?

Richard

Can you test with Wowza 3.5.1?

Richard

We don’t know what the problem might be. We’d rather you be on the latest version to deal with unknown problem

In any case, zip up /conf and /logs and send them to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread.

Richard

What version of Wowza are you using? We have investigated the report above with Wowza 3.5.2.02 and did not find a problem

Richard

We apparently have the same problem with a AES encrypted HLS stream

When playing without encryption, it works fine, but when the chunks are encrypted, we have, for example in one chunk : PAT table has PMT id = 3839 (0xEFF), but real PMT id is 4095 (0xFFF)

Keep me informed.

Regards

Yan

I’m using Wowza 3.1.2.

As for looking at the packets, I’m using the freely available MPEG-2 TS Packet Analyser.

Not sure if you saw my update, but I’m on 3.1.2 for this server.

Is this something that has been updated in 3.5.1?