Wowza Community

Password publishing from an rtmp encoder

Hello to all,

sending streaming with Adobe FMLE 3.2.

I’ve noticed that I can send the stream, without the server asking me the password. I entered the username and password in the file conf / publish.password, like this: user password. But it does not work, continue to publish the stream without the password prompt. What are the steps to enable password protection? I do not want to use dbase / password, I would like a simple authentication, user password.

Thank you !

You need to enable ModuleRTMPAuthenticate, then you will get password challenge in FMLE. Take a look at this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-enable-username-password-authentication-for-rtmp-and-rtsp-publishing

Richard

I forgot … with FMLE gui, it works fine, I check a popup window, with a request for user and passwd, I enter the credentials and can transmit the video …

You can probably use SecureURLParams instead of ModuleRTMPAuthenticate for that:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-secure-publishing-from-an-rtmp-encoder-that-does-not-support-authentication-modulesecureurlparams

Richard

I don’t have experience with FMLECmd, but take a look at this reference:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaLiveEncoder/3.0/Using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11c104babd5-7ffc.html

Looks like you put username and password with /ap setting, but I am not sure if that will get passed to Wowza using ModuleRTMPAuthenticate.

Did you try this form with ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

rtmp://username:pwd@[wowza-address]/appName

Richard

and whats the problem ? im using it about a 2-3 years without problems …

The problem is that, with FMLEcmd.exe, I can not do authentication on the server with a username and password. With the gui, I can, but with command line (FMLEcmd.exe), the connection is refused by the server.

im using it daily , and it works … /r switch is for registering automatic starting with launcher … if U want to run FMLEcmd manually , dont use it …

JasonH : you example is OK…

"C:\Programmi\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2\FMLECmd.exe" /p "C:\profiles\newstream.xml" /ap user:passwd

after this command FMLEcmd will start with newstream.xml (previously saved from FMLE GUI), and authenticated with user and passwd … If U add /r switch , then this stream will be registered for automatical starting with FMLElauncher … If U want to show all registered streams , then run

"C:\Programmi\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2\FMLECmd.exe" /r

If U want autostart of registered streams , u need add start FMLElauncher.exe into task scheduler in windows …

Hi

Can you post the FMLEcmd you’re submitting?, you can edit the username/password part and any other specifics such as IP address.

Jason

Hi

Try this command:

"C:\Programmi\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2\FMLECmd.exe" /p "C:\profiles\newstream.xml" /ap user:passwd /r

I think that you may have made a mistake when entering the command, just so you know whats been changed :

I’ve removed the spaces where I believe they’re not needed, I’ve replaced “3,2” with “3.2” (possible typo), added extra quotes ("") and removed “/l” from the command as its not needed.

I’ve noticed that you have “Programmi” rather than Programme but I assume that this is because you’re OS is not in English, this may mean that 3,2 will work so do check as I’m not familiar with Windows in any other language.

You may also need a “P” for C:\profiles\newstream.xml - C:\Profiles\newstream.xml but you willl have to check the path for typos.

I hope I’ve provided some help to you and hope that you get this working.

Jason

Hi

@Pytkin, I think it would be much more helpful for everyone if your comments were constructive.

If you have experience in using FMLEcmd then posting the exact command that you’re using would be helpful for others struggling with this issue.

A perfect working example would be much appreciated.

Jason

Hi Pytkin,

Thanks for the example it’s a big help!

Hopefully this will provide the needed guidance to this user and others.

Jason

1. Application.xml from /conf:

flvplayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleRTMPAuthentica te

1. Application.xml from /conf/point/:

maxApplicationConnections

Integer

rtmpEncoderAuthenticateFile

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/${com.wowza.wms.context.Application}/publish.password

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is just a typo on your end but the Module and the Property have to be in the same Application.xml file.

based on the description able they are in different Application.xml files.

Can you clarify if this is correct and if so try adding to the same file.

Do you see anything in the Wowza logs which would indicate an issue or possible cause?

Jason

Hi,

You’re welcome, I’m glad we could be of assistance.

Thanks for the update.

Jason

Ok, it works in FMLE, request a popup window.

But I use FMLECmd command line, how do I send the username and password automatically without request?

Again, thanks!

You can probably use SecureURLParams instead of ModuleRTMPAuthenticate for that:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-secure-publishing-from-an-rtmp-encoder-that-does-not-support-authentication-modulesecureurlparams

Richard

Nothing, with FMLECmd.exe I can not pass a string that contains user and password.

What to do?

I’ve got to start FMLECmd automatically, so I have to find a way to enter the username and passoword in the string rtmp :confused: /

Possible don’t there is a solution?

I tried so

rtmp :confused: / ip / live? doPublish = 12345

rtmp :confused: / ip: 1935/live? doPublish = 12345

I don’t have experience with FMLECmd, but take a look at this reference:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaLiveEncoder/3.0/Using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11c104babd5-7ffc.html

Looks like you put username and password with /ap setting, but I am not sure if that will get passed to Wowza using ModuleRTMPAuthenticate.

Did you try this form with ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

rtmp://username:pwd@[wowza-address]/appName

Richard

Using / ap user: pwd, do something different …

FMLECmd.exe using a string without / ap the result is this:

Adobe(R) Flash(R) Media Live Encoder Command Line Utility v 3.2.0.9932
Copyright(C) 2009-10 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:14 : Renaming existing file from c:\profiles\log\log.txt to c:\profiles\log\log.0.txt
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:14 : Failed to Add entry in OSLaunch.dat file. This entry may already exist.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:14 : Failed to register for OS launch.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:14 : Audio Settings :-	Device      : Realtek HD Audio Input	Format      : Mp3 Stereo	Sample Rate : 22050 Hz	Bit rate    : 80 Kbps	Volume      : 81 %Stream to Flash Media Server :-	FMS URL     : rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:1935/live	Backup URL  : 	Stream Name: myStream
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:14 : Selected audio input device: Realtek HD Audio Input
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:15 : Primary - Credentials required to connect to server. Cannot query credentials interactively.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:15 : Error: Problem with Primary Server. Failure to connect to Primary server. Please verify that your Server URL and application name are valid and that your Internet connection is working and retry.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:15 : Closing Application.

response of Wowza:

INFO session connect-pending 100.200.100.200 -
INFO session connect 100.200.100.200 -
INFO session disconnect 145890639 -

using FMLECmd.exe with / ap the result is this:

Adobe(R) Flash(R) Media Live Encoder Command Line Utility v 3.2.0.9932
Copyright(C) 2009-10 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:54 : Renaming existing file from c:\profiles\log\log.txt to c:\profiles\log\log.1.txt
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:54 : Failed to Add entry in OSLaunch.dat file. This entry may already exist.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:54 : Failed to register for OS launch.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:54 : Audio Settings :-	Device      : Realtek HD Audio Input	Format      : Mp3 Stereo	Sample Rate : 22050 Hz	Bit rate    : 80 Kbps	Volume      : 81 %Stream to Flash Media Server :-	FMS URL     : rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1935/live	Backup URL  : 	Stream Name: myStream
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:54 : Selected audio input device: Realtek HD Audio Input
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:56 : Primary - Connected to FMS/3,5,7,7009
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:56 : Primary - Network Command: onFCPublish
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:56 : Primary - Stream[myStream] Status: Success
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:18:56 : Primary - Network Status: NetConnection.Connect.Closed status
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:19:21 : Error: Problem publishing at Primary Server. Unable to publish myStream stream either due to Network Problem at server, the stream name being used is busy, or you are not authorized to publish to this server. Please check the network connection with server, try publishing with other stream name, or contact your FMS administrator for help.
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:19:21 : Primary - Disconnected
Tue Feb 05 2013 01:19:21 : Closing Application.

response of Wowza:

INFO server comment - SecureURLParams.onAppStart: live/_definst_
INFO server comment - ModuleRTMPAuthenticate.onAppStart: SecureToken is on
INFO server comment - ModuleRTMPAuthenticate.onAppStart: Authorization password file: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/live/publish.password
INFO application app-start _definst_ live/_definst_
INFO session disconnect 100.200.100.200 -
INFO session disconnect 1990854112 -
INFO session comment 1556455150 ModuleSecureURLParams.releaseStream: Rejected: clientId:1556455150
INFO stream create - -
INFO stream destroy - -
INFO session disconnect 1556455150 -

then, after a short time of inactivity, answer Wowza

INFO application app-stop definst live/definst

INFO server comment - SecureURLParams.onAppStop: live/definst

does not work …

and say that I wanted to buy the license … but if you do not solve this problem for me is unusable …

:(:(:frowning:

Hello,

So, I made these attempts:

“C: \ Programmi \ Adobe \ Flash Media Live Encoder 3,2 \ FMLECmd.exe” /p c:\profiles\newstream.xml /l c:\profile\log\log.txt /ap user:passwd /r

“C: \ Programmi \ Adobe \ Flash Media Live Encoder 3,2 \ FMLECmd.exe” /p c:\profiles\newstream.xml /l /ap user:passwd c:\profile\log\log.txt /r

“C: \ Programmi \ Adobe \ Flash Media Live Encoder 3,2 \ FMLECmd.exe” /p c:\profiles\newstream.xml /l /ap user:passwd /r

Thanks !

and whats the problem ? im using it about a 2-3 years without problems …

The problem is that, with FMLEcmd.exe, I can not do authentication on the server with a username and password. With the gui, I can, but with command line (FMLEcmd.exe), the connection is refused by the server.

Returning to Question replied by rrlanhan, I have the Wowza Version 3.6.2 running in Windows 2012 server. I tried to configure the ModuleRTMPAuthenticate as instruction at https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-enable-username-password-authentication-for-rtmp-and-rtsp-publishing. But not works. If I try to use In FMS URL field rtmp://[ip-address]:1935/point the encoder is connecting directly without request login/password. If I try use rtmp://[ip-address]/point, it requests login/password, but when informed the correct information returns that the user or password are invalid.

Bellow I show what I informed in files:

1. Application.xml from /conf:

flvplayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

1. Application.xml from /conf/point/:

maxApplicationConnections

Integer

rtmpEncoderAuthenticateFile

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/${com.wowza.wms.context.Application}/publish.password

After done it, I restarted the wowza, but not works.

Someone can help me to solve this issue? I done the same in an early version, like 3.1 and worked fine. But in this last version not is working.

I wait any reply to solve this issue.

Thanks

Pedro

You need to enable ModuleRTMPAuthenticate, then you will get password challenge in FMLE. Take a look at this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-enable-username-password-authentication-for-rtmp-and-rtsp-publishing

Richard