Thread: Silverlight bitrate throttling bug?

Default Silverlight bitrate throttling bug?

Hello,

we are facing a very strange issue.

We are publishing a stream to the wowza 3.5.2. everything is working fine but after a few hour we experience that the silverlight show us its playing the highest bitrate but the quality is terrible. we have 5 bitrates streams, if we check the different bitrates stream one by one the stream quality is ok. If re-publish the stream there is no problem for a few hours then its coming again. If we restart wowza no problem for a while then the problems come again.

Player correctly switched bitrates, I see this in network console of the browser
    The size of chunks with correct names is incorrect. It's far less than needed
    If I try get the separate stream directly, I see the correct video with correct quality
    If we republish stream or restart wowza, adaptive streaming is OK again
    We have problems with SL adaptive streaming We tried with different silverlight players and the same.

Hav you got any idea?

Hi
    Does this bad quality match any of the bitrates that are being streamed?
    If you stop the player and then reconnect to play again is the quality the same as before?
    Are you using any other players with adaptive bitrate streaming, and are they all working as expected?

Jason

If we see the stream one by one no problem. The individual streams are ok. After a browser refresh the quality poor again. No we didn't try any adaptive player we tried 2 different smoothstreamingplayer.

Hi
    Just to be sure, is the poor quality the same as any of the bitrate that you have?

You may want to change some of the values here to see if this makes a difference to your streams,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....oothstreaming)
    I'm not sure if it will but it's worth a try any you can always return to the original values (displayed in the article).

Are you seeing any errors in the logs when this issue occurs?

Jason

Hi,
    I've deleted the post with the link to your logs.
    I wanted to know if you had any errors and didn't mean for you to post the entire logs.

I also see that you have opened a ticket with support so attaching the entire logs in your email to support is fine.
    This issue will be taken by support from here on out.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi,
    I've deleted the post with the link to your logs.
    I wanted to know if you had any errors and didn't mean for you to post the entire logs.

I also see that you have opened a ticket with support so attaching the entire logs in your email to support is fine.
    This issue will be taken by support from here on out.

Jason
    And when because there is no answer from your side.