Thread: LiveStreamRecord 3.5 and a default custom output path

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LiveStreamRecord 3.5 and a default custom output path

Hello forum,

With the nifty new LiveStreamRecord module in 3.5, is it possible to specify a default custom record path? When users are going in to the UI some are forgetting to check the 'Custom Output Path and File Name' enable button to specify our recording drive. Much like the older versions of the plugin I have a URI I can have them use with the proper path in place, but it would be awesome if I could also force the application to always record to a specific location.

I was able to at least get the recordings on the correct drive by moving the content directory to our recording drive and pointing the conf file there. But now a user could go in and delete the .stream files (if they have permission) thus borking up the server.

Ideal solution would be a way to specify a default custom output path on a per-application basis so I can have the videos always dump to a specific directory no matter what, with the option to override just as I do now. Possible?

Thanks,

Benjamin

You can control that by only providing HTTP interface to LiveStreamRecord to your users. There is not way with the LiveStreamRecord HTML UI

Richard

The HTTP method bounces to the HTML UI, so that might not really be the solution, unless you were loading the html url through your middle tier somehow. An ideal solution for you would require custom HTTPProvider that uses the LiveStreamRecord API. I only have a Module example that shows LiveStreamRecord API

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ingle-Stream#8

Richard

We try and not use too many custom modules if we can help it. This isn't a huge concern, but if in the future you're trying to think of awesome things to add to this plugin, being able to set a default record path on a per-application level sure would be nifty keen.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll pass this on this feature request to the product management team. As you pointed out, you currently have to check on the "Enable" checkbox to set a custom path.

-Lisa