Thread: Video Recording

Default Video Recording

I want to know how I go about recording video from my web camera and saving it on the server. Is it possible using wowza media server. If yes then do you have any example.

Thanks

Take a look at this video tutorial on: How to configure your live stream for web playback. This will describe the live encoder workflow and application configuration process at a very simple level.

If you are using an IP camera, take a look at this article on How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming).

To record your live stream to the server, you may configure your application using the "live-record" stream type which will record the entire duration of the live stream (by default) in the [install-dir]/content folder. Alternatively, if you prefer to turn recording on and off, as needed, you may install and run the LiveStreamRecord Add-on.

Wowza is available as a free trial for 30 days. For more information, see the sign up page on our website. This will provide you with an opportunity to install Wowza and begin learning, testing and experimenting. We offer several tutorials for many different applications in the Tutorial Section of our support forum.

If you need help getting started, refer to the Quick Start Guide

-Tim

Default Video recording from a web based interface

Can I record using my laptop's webcam via a web based interface?

Quote Originally Posted by tim_d View Post
    Take a look at this video tutorial on: How to configure your live stream for web playback. This will describe the live encoder workflow and application configuration process at a very simple level.

If you are using an IP camera, take a look at this article on How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming).

To record your live stream to the server, you may configure your application using the "live-record" stream type which will record the entire duration of the live stream (by default) in the [install-dir]/content folder. Alternatively, if you prefer to turn recording on and off, as needed, you may install and run the LiveStreamRecord Add-on.

Wowza is available as a free trial for 30 days. For more information, see the sign up page on our website. This will provide you with an opportunity to install Wowza and begin learning, testing and experimenting. We offer several tutorials for many different applications in the Tutorial Section of our support forum.

If you need help getting started, refer to the Quick Start Guide

-Tim

Take a look at the VideoRecording example that ships with Wowza in the /examples folder where Wowza is installed

Richard